~ Chapter 50 - Minds Are Made ~*

I woke up on the couch. It took me a second to realize I fell asleep after I got home from the airport.

I rolled to my feet and realized it was late so I might as well go to my room.

I adjusted the sweatshirt and necklace and started down the hallway, yawning. When I passed by Jayda's old room, I stopped, opened the door and looked in.

It was the way she left it. I hadn't touched it since, except for when I took the picture for the funeral.

I walked in and sat on the bed, looking around.

The clothes were neatly placed in her closet. All of her makeup was neatly arranged on her desk, along with all of her hair styling tools.

I curled up in a ball on her bed, thinking of all the times we stayed up, laying in this bed, talking about boys, singing, anything really. It was our sancuary. We could talk about anything.

I thought back to the funeral and remembered talking to Jayda. Telling her to give me a sign so I knew she was with me. Anything. I would know it was her.

I layed in the bed a little bit longer and and looked around. Everything in there had a memory. The music box on her dresser; the one she got from her grandmother before she died. The fake rose; her boyfriend a few years ago gave her.

I smiled at each memory, though no tears fell. There weren't anymore to fall.

Mid-thought, my phone went off in my pocket. I scrambled for it, thinking it was Niall. I looked at the screen and my heart dropped.

Caller ID: Jayda

I looked around the room and saw her phone on the table beside me and sure enough, it was open to the call to me.

I grinned. It was her sign. She was with me. I knew she was.

I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket. I started talking, because even if I couldn't hear her, I knew she had to hear me.

"Jayda! I miss you so much! How's Heaven? Is everybody being nice to you? I hope so, because I can't do anything about it," I laughed.

I sat in silence for a moment before talking again. "I'm sure you know about the whole tour thing, don't you? Do you think I made the right choice? Not going and all? I mean, if you were with me, I'd go hands down. But it would mean I'd be on tour with the person who killed you."

I waited again. I don't know why, but I did. it was almost like giving her a chance to reply.

"What am I going to do for the next four months? I mean, you're not here. Well you are, just well, you know. And the boys are going to be gone and I really don't want to spend my days with Carla. I love her to death, but I need someone my own age. Maybe I shoud work on some original songs? Dedicate an album to you? The fans would think it's an amazing dedication. Did you know the fans took your passing hard too? Everyone is missing you."

I layed back on her bed again. "So what do you think I should do?"

It was quiet for a moment before something to my right fell to the ground with a thump.

I jumped to my feet and stood in front of the dresser, where the object fell. I reached down and picked up the object. It was her microphone. We always kept our microphones with us. They were personalized, so we didn't want them to get lost.

I put the microphone back on the dresser and looked up at the ceiling, as though I was talking to her. "You really think I should sing for them?"

Silence happened before the microphone fell off the dresser again.

I smiled, "I'm going to take that as a yes."