~ Chapter 28 - The Date ~*

We pulled into the parking lot and I slid the keys out of the ignition and into my pocket, sliding my phone into my other pocket. I lept out and ran around to Jayda's side of the car and helped her out.

I smoothed her dress where it was wrinkled and wiped away a small mascara mark. I took a step back and smiled. "Okay, you are all good to go in."

She smiled, "Thank you so much, Ellie. For everything." She pulled me into a hug and I hugged back before shooing her off.

"I'll follow in and take a seat. Just come find me if you need me. And or come tell me if you're going to change plans and go somewhere else."

"Ellie-"

"Just go I smiled and Jayda took a deep breath before walking towards the front entrance. I followed behind her but at a slower pace. I didn't want it to look like I was following her.

Once we both got into the lobby, she asked for a table and the waiter said there was already a young lad waiting for her.

She turned around and gave me a nervous look.

I gave her a reasurring smile and she starting to walk into the large dining area. I stood behind the wall that separated the dining area from the waiter's area and peeked in. The place was pretty empty, with only a few couples here and there.

I looked back to Jayda who was standing a few feet behind Liam who had his back to her while sitting in a chair at a table. His foot was nervously tapping as was his hand.

I heard Jayda polietly grunt and Liam sprang to his feet, turning around. When he saw Jayda, he smiled and blushed. I heard him say, "Wow. You look, amazing."

"Thank you. As do you," she replied with a smile.

And she was right. Not that I was falling for Liam. He was hers of course. But he did look good himself. He was in a black tux - pretty fancy right? - with a silken white button up with a black tie and black formal shoes.

He took a few steps and pulled out the other chair at the table and Jayda sat down, saying, "Thank you."

He smiled and took his seat again and said, "I, uh, ordered for you. Is chicken parmasian okay?"

"It's exactly right," she smiled and looked down at her hands that were in her lap. I could tell she was nervous.

"Great," he said and he too looked down. "I'm glad you could meet tonight."

"Yeah, we both have some explaining to do," Jayda said, slightly laughing.

Liam nodded, "Yeah, we do, don't we. Me first?"

"Sure," she smiled and looked over his shoulder at me, catching me eye. She nodded me off and I knew she was good to go.

I turned back around the corner of the wall and smiled. Jayda was in good hands. I walked over to the waiter to tell her I was a party of one, I heard a voice.

"Ellie? What are you doing here?"

I froze and turned in my tracks. It was Niall. Oh shit.

"Dropping off Jayda. And you?"

"Dropping off Liam," he said slowly as if he couldn't believe I was there, standing in front of him.

"Um, cool."

"Yeah."

I turned back to the waiter and said, "A booth for one."

"Make it two!" Niall piped up and I turned around again.

"Do you mind?" he asked nervously.

"No," I lied. Of course I minded him there! I mean, I'm trying to keep him and the boys out of my life but they keep poping back up!