~ Chapter 42 - Niall Comes Home ~*

I broke out into even more tears when Treena told me. I leaned down and crushed the body into a hug, murmuring, "No, no, no."

Treena let me stay that way before gently pulling me off. "Honey, you need to let go."

"I don't want to let go!" I screamed, gripping to an arm.

"But you need to."

I looked at the body one last time before letting Treena have me. She wrapped me in a hug and when I looked over her shoulder, I saw tons of people in her room.

"W-who are you?" I choked out, stepping away from treena a small bit.

A man in scrubs gave me a sad smile, "Nothing you need to worry about hun."

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"We heard you singing," another man replied in a doctor's coat.

I gave a slight smile, "Oh."

"You are really good," a woman said, stepping out from behind the men. It was Beth from my last vist.

"Beth!" I cried out and ran over to her, grabbing her into a hug.

She took me in and whispered, "I'm sorry for your loss."

I nodded into her shoulder. "Thank you."

I stepped out when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and looked up at the face. Or should I say faces. It was four of the boys. Niall not there because he was still in Ireland.

They all were crying, Liam especially. We all went into a group hug, staying that way for a few moments before we broke. Liam came to me first and we hugged.

"I'm so sorry," he said before making his way over to the side of the bed, hesitantly looking down at the body.

Louis was next and we hugged a little longer, "We are all going to miss her. And if you need anything. Please tell us, okay?"

I nodded and stepped to Zayn, "We'll be with you every step of the way. You won't go through this alone."

"Thank you," I mumbled and when I pulled back, I gave him a small kiss on his cheek.

Then came Harry who hugged me before I could protest.

"You know I didn't mean it," he said into my ear. "I was running late to a meeting and wasn't paying attention to where I was going. And out of everybody, I hit you. I didn't plan it. I swear."

"Get off," I hissed.

"Just please, don't tell anyone I did it. It would probably get me kicked out of the band."

"Just let me go and I won't," I replied angrily.

Harry sighed and let me go and I scrambled away from him. I mouthed, 'Fuck you' at him so only he could see.

Just as more people came to hug me, I couldn't handle it anymore, I ran out of the room and into the hallway, where there was practically no one working. Apparently not a lot of people are in the Critical Care Unit.

I sat and leaned against the wall outside the door, crying. And I sat that way for awile. The people in the room filed out. Except for the boys and Treena, who I was guessing letting the boys spend some time in comforting Liam.

After being able to control myself a little, I heard the elevator at the end of the hall beep and then it opened.

A guy, maybe five - seven or so jumped out, looked down the other way and then down towards me. He stopped in his tracks. His crystal blue eyes meeting mine.

"Niall?" my mouth said silently.

He looked at me sadly and I stood up, more tears silently moving down my face.

Niall started to slowly walk towards me and i just stood there, sniffling.

He finally got into a few steps reach and I wrapped my arms aroung his neck, burying my face into the same spot. Niall's arms circling my waist, keeping me to him and he murmured, "I'm so sorry, Ellie."

I started crying harder and Niall just held me to me, letting me. He started humming softly, trying to sooth me as best he could.

"I-I just miss her so much!" I sobbed.

"I know, I know. We all do. She was a huge part of our lives. And it was a privelege to know her. She was an amazing girl and will always be in our hearts."

I stayed silent afterwards, just remembering all the good times we had together. Like when she dared me to eat a War Head and I became addicted to them. And when we were fifteen. We were allowed to go on our first big shopping trip without any supervision. There were just so many times, I couldn't even count them all.

In what seemed like hours later, I pulled away from Niall, wiping my face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to just collapse like that."

"Don't worry about it. You just lost someone you really love. There's nothing wrong about it."

I slightly smiled and said, "I don't know how to plan a funeral or anything. Oh god. That needs to happen soon doesn't it and-" I started talking faster before Niall cut me off.

"It's okay. We'll figure it out. Now, let's go talk to the nurse about the best funeral home in town okay? Then you can call whoever you need to call and let them know."

I nodded and went to go into the room but then stopped, turning around. "Can you go in there? I don't really want to."

"Of course," Niall said and when he past me, he placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. "It's going to me okay, I promise."

I went back and sat on a chair there in the hallway that I hadn't noticed before and waited. And a few minutes later, all five of the boys and Treena came out of the room.

I looked at Treena and she said, "Niall here explained what you need. And considering you and your friend are so young, we aren't going to have you be responisble for what needs to be done. Though is there guardians we can contact?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Mum and Dad. I'll call them and tell them to contact you guys."

"Wait, Mum and Dad?" Louis asked confused.

"Yeah," I said with a small smile, "When I was born my parents also died in a car crash."

"Oh Honey!" Treena exclaimed, "I'm so sorry!"

All the boys looked at me, mouths open. And I realized none of them knew this about me, so I continued.

"Jayda's parents knew my parents from forever ago so they adopted me. I've lived with them ever since and they've become my parents as well as Jayda's. That's why we've always been so close."

"Wow," Liam said, "I had no idea."

"Most people don't," I admitted.

We all stood in silence for a moment before Treena spoke up. "So, I'll handle everything I need to here and you handle what you need to at home. I'll wait for a call from....what are their names?"

"Thomas and Bella."

"What beautiful names," Treena said and smiled sadly again. "Well, I'm sorry for your loss, but I should probably get going so I can make arrangments. Can one of you take care of her? Assuming she used to live with...."

"I will," Niall said, speaking up.

I glanced at him as he stepped behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Great," she said, "Well, I'll talk to you soon."

"Bye, Treena," I said, stepping away from Niall and hugging Treena, "Thank you for everything."

"No problem, Dear," she replied. "Now take care of her!" she said to Niall and walked to her office.

"Yes, ma'am," he said, taking my hand. "Are you ready to go?"

I looked into the room one last time, "Yeah. I'm ready."