~ Chapter 43 - The Funeral ~*

Three days had passed since Jayda died, and it felt like just yesterday that I lost her. I still don't know what I'm going to do without her, what's going to happen to LivLoud and what's going to happen to me. I don't mean to be full of myself, but she was pretty much my whole life.

I rolled out of bed and looked in the mirror. My face had streaks from crying and had dark bags, from not sleeping. I had to look presentable. I mean after all, today was the funeral.

I looked down on the floor and saw Niall comfortably sleeping in a ball. Niall had stayed with me, just like he had promised Treena, everyday since it happened.

And like I had promised Harry, I never did tell anyone who hit our car that day. Even though I hated his guts, I didnt say anything. Truthfully, I didn't think I could.

I tore myself away from the mirror and stepped into the bathroom to shower, the funeral only a few hours away.

Within minutes, I was clean, shaven, and smelled nice. I got out of the tub, wrapped a towel around myself and pulled as much moisture as I could out of my hair with another towel.

Once I was finished with that, I went to go get clothes to bring back into the bathroom so I could change. But when I walked out, Niall was sitting on the edge of my bed, shirtless.

I would of payed more attention, since you know my boyfriend was shirtless on my bed but I was depressed so it didn't really matter.

He looked at me with a sober look and I went to him as he stood up.

"Are you ready for today?" he asked quietly.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied with a sigh.

He wrapped his arms around for who knows how many times in the past few days and I pushed my face into his bare chest. "I know it's hard to go through this at a young age. And you don't deserve to. But in the end, it will make you a stronger person."

"I know," I murmured and inhaled Niall's scent. It was truly soothing and I didn't want to leave his arms, but after a moment, Niall pulled away.

"I need to go get ready myself back at the flat, okay? I'll be back in an hour or so to pick you up."

"Okay," I replied. "I'll be ready."

Niall pulled on a shirt and gave me a small smile, trying to cheer me up a little. "Love you."

"Love you, too," I said back and kissed Niall's cheek as he passed me to go to the door.

He smiled a little one more time and closed the door behind him.

I watched the door for a moment, before standing back up and heading to my closet. I pulled out a lacy black dress that had sleeves that came down just past my elbows. It was a deep neck fitting that didn't come to close to my neck. It also tight fitting all the way down to mid thigh.

I slightly smiled, remembering when I bought it. Jayda at my side, of course.

I brought it into the bathroom with me, along with some undergarments and put them on. It looked pretty stunning.

After I put it on, I started on my hair. I pulled it into an elegant bun on my head and started pulling down short tendrils everywhere, curling them when I pulled them down. It was really pretty. Something Jayda would do. So that's why I did it. I wanted to recreate a look that so would create herself, in her honor.

After my hair was almost done, I pulled out a few hobby pins that had crystals on them, the ones I let her use for her date with Liam.

I slid them into my hair in certain places and looked at my reflection. It was so something Jayda would do. And I loved it even more now.