~ Chapter 20 - Getting Released ~*

We drove back towards our flat in silence. No one speaked. I guess it was because we were all tired. But I knew why Harry wasn't talking. It was because of me.

I had looked over at him a couple times, but he kept his gaze focused outside the car and watched the scenery as it flashed by.

Soon, I felt the van shift and I looked out the window. We turned down a street that didn't lead to the flat. I called up to our driver who just happened to be Paul. "Hey, Paul? Where are we going?"

He looked at me through the rearview mirror and smiled, "Just a quick stop before we go home. Don't worry, Ellie."

I nodded and looked back out the window and jumped slightly when I felt a pressure on my knee. I looked down at my knee and saw a hand that was lightly resting on it. I followed the arm up and saw it was connected to Niall.

He was looking at me with a concerned smile. "Are you okay? You're being very quiet."

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"What about your head? Do you need meds?" he asked, looking at my hands where I held the capsule.

I shook my head, "I'm fine."

He kept his gaze on me and his blue eyes seemed to look into mine, as though he was looking for any source of pain.

I gave him a small smile, "I'm fine. I promise."

"I just don't want you to get hurt any more."

"I know," I smiled and looked back out the window. Just then, my phone went off. I pulled it out of my purse and looked at the caller ID. It was Carla.

"Jayda!" I said, showing her my screen and her face lit up.

"I'm so glad she called back! I called her when you were put in the hospital but she hasn't responded until now!" she explained.

"Oh," was my only response and I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Ellie!" said a relieved voice.

"Hi, Carla!"

"Oh my god! What happened? I just got Jayda's message a few minutes ago! My phone had some problems and I had taken it into the store to get serviced a week ago and it was just given back! I wish I would of heard about you sooner! Are you okay? Is Jayda with you? Are you released yet? How did it happen?"

I chuckled slightly and everyone in the car except Harry turned and looked at me.  I motioned to them that it was okay and they turned back to look out the window.

"Yes, Carla, I'm fine. And don't feel bad about it. Technology can be stupid. But anyway, yeah, Jayda's with me and so are the boys-"

"The boys?" she asked, her tone getting worried.

"Yea. You know. Liam, Niall, Louis, Zayn, and Harry," I said, "One Direction?"

"You're still with them?"

"Yeah."

"Nothing....happened. Did it?" she said, the conversation getting a little awkward.

"No!" I cried, "Nothing happened! They've just been staying with us to keep us company."

She sounded relieved, "Okay, good. So are you released?"

"Yeah, I've been released today and the Doc gave me some meds."

"I'm so glad, Ellie. And well. How did this happen? Jayda just left me a message saying you were in the hospital.'

I bit my lip and looked over at Niall who was quietly watching me. "I'll tell you later, okay? I'm not in the best place."

"Um, sure I guess. So do you and Jayda want to meet up with me now? I'm free."

"Actually, the boys are taking us somewhere now."

She didn't respond and said, "When will you be back?"

"I don't know. I'll call you then, okay?"

"That's fine, Ellie, just please be safe," she pleaded.

"I will, Carla. Don't worry. I have enough worried people as it is."

I heard a small laugh from the line and she sighed, "Call me later, Ellie. If you don't, I'm going to your flat, okay?"

"Will do. Talk later. Bye."

She said a farewell too and we hung up. I put my phone back into my purse and felt Niall move slightly beside me. I looked at him and he gave me a small smile and gave my knee a small squeeze before moving his hand away.

A little part of me wished he put his hand back, but I didn't say anything. Out of the corner of my eye, i saw Harry looking at us. I didn't turn all the way to him because I knew he'd look away, so i just watched him for a minute.

He was glaring at Niall. I don't know if Niall didn't see him, or just wasn't paying attention, but he wasn't looking. After a minute, Harry looked away and back out his window.

I rolled my eyes. That boy was way too jealous for his own good.

I looked back out the window again and saw we were pulling into a gigantic but empty parking lot. I looked towards the building and gasped.

It was the city mall and the biggest in a 200 mile radius.

"We're here!" Paul announced and pulled up to the front doors.

We all got out and I placed my capsule of tablets from the doctor in the seat. I didn't want to lose that in this mall. I'd never see them again.

"This is amazing!" Jayda said in shock, her big eyes flashing.

"It better be!" Zayn said, "We rented it out for the whole day."

I looked at him, "That must of costed a fortune!"

He blushed and nodded, "Yeah, it kinda did. But we'd all rather have it this way so we can take our time in shops and not get chased by fans. We love our fans and all, but we like to do things we used to do without getting mobbed. You know?"

I nodded, "Yeah.'

"So why are we still out here?" Louis cried, "Let's go!"

We all ran in through the front doors and split up.

Zayn and Louis ran towards the electronic store. Harry strolled towards Jack Wills. Jayda followed Liam towards Macy's and I stood in the middle of the shopping centre.

I felt someone come up behind me. "Paul? Thank you so much for taking us!"

"It's not Paul," an Irish voice chuckled.

I spun on my heel and crashed straight into Niall's chest. "Woah, sorry."

He steadied me back on my feet and smiled at me, "Wanna go somewhere? All the shops are open. And I heard there are no lines," he grinned.

I laughed, "Sure!"

"Hollister?"

"Yes!" I said and grabbed his hand, running towards the store.

This was going to be an exciting shopping trip.