~ Chapter 26 - Addicted ~*

The next morning I woke up and layed in bed for a little bit, looking up at my ceiling, remembering the day before. My hand raised to my face and I winced when my fingers ran over the raised bump.

I rolled out of bed, and went over to the mirror and gasped when I saw my face. The whole right side of my face was a blueish purple color and you could see the main spot Harry's fist had hit me. It was awful. And it hurt. A lot.

After looking at my face for a minute more, I ran a brush through my hair and pulled it up into a messy bun before walking out into the main room to find Jayda tapping away on her phone.

"Morning, Jayjay," I said, giving a slight yawn.

She looked up and smiled, "Morning, Ellie." She looked back at her phone.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled a bowl out of the cupboard and added some sugary cereal to it. To finish it off, i added milk and pulled out a spoon and went back to where Jayda was sitting. I took a bite and looked at her, "Who ya texting?"

She looked at me with a panicked look, "Um nobody! It's, uh, Carla!" she screamed out.

I chuckled, "Okay. I just wanted to know. No need to panick."

She laughed slightly before tapping faster at her screen. I shrugged. I wasn't going to worry about it. I had enough problems of my own.

I turned on the t.v. and watched some cartoons while finishing my cereal. I loved watching cartoons in the morning. Jayda sometimes teases me about watching cartoons still, but I always come back with, 'You're never too old to watch cartoons!'

After around an hour of watching cartoons, I took my bowl into the kitchen and washed it, placing it onto the rack to dry. When I walked back out into the room containing Jayda, I noticed she was still on her phone.

"Carla must have you hooked in a really good conversation!" I chuckled slightly.

"What? Um, yeah. And, um. I'm going out tonight."

"Cool! With Carla?" I asked.

"Yeah...."

I bit my lip, "Just you?"

She looked at me, "Um....yeah. I guess, uh, she didn't, uh, want to pressure you with what happened yesterday."

I couldn't help but feel a little hurt, "Oh, um, okay." I padded back towards my room and closed the door. Why did Carla want to see Jayda and not me? I mean, yeah I guess I was a little jealous. And since Carla was our manager for LivLoud, shouldn't I know things too?

I shook my head and walked over to the window and pulled open the curtain and looked out at the people below, living lives of their own. People who have normal lives. Why can't I be normal?

~~~

NEXT DAY

"You came in late last night," I commented, walking into the kitchen to see Jayda on her phone again.

She nodded.

"Carla must of had a lot to say."

She nodded again.

I rolled my eyes and made my cereal like the day before. I sat down next to Jayda and tried peeking over her shoulder at her screen but she just stood up and walked away.

I huffed. What was her problem? I was just curious.

I finished my cereal and looked around for Jayda before finding her camped out in her bed and you guessed it, texting. I leaned against the white paneled door frame. "So, what did Carla have to say last night?"