~ Chapter 12 - The Truth ~*

Niall..." was the only word that escaped my lips as the elevator doors slid to a close.

I couldn't think. Should I open the doors back up for him? Should I just go home?

I looked up at the floor level and saw it was on 98. I hadn't gone far yet. I bit my lip; a nervous habit of mine and slammed the palm of my hand down on the 97 button.

The elevator slowed to a stop. The bell dinged and the doors opened. I stepped out and looked down the hallway. ALL the way down the hallway. It had maybe one hundred rooms JUST on that floor. I told you it was a huge hotel.

I slowly started walking down the hall, looking into open doors as I passed. I immediately regretted it.

In one room, a middle - aged man wearing a wife - beater and holding a bottle of whiskey in his hand. In another, a couple making out. I looked at them in disgust. They were so happy. Why couldn't I just find my true love and move on?

I growled to myself and continued down the hallway at a faster pace, slamming my feet as I went. Thoughts raced through my mind.

I shouldn't suck up to Harry.

Harry deserves a chance, he was just jealous.

Does Niall really want me, or did he fake it?

I groaned and finally got to the end of the hallway where the stair case was located. I pushed open the door and looked up the circling stairs. I shook my head one last time, and started my way up the three flights of stairs.

But before I could take one step, Niall came running down the flight of stairs, out of breath, and hoarsly calling my name. He looked up and once his blue eyes met mine, his face lit up and he jogged the rest of the way over to me, putting his hands over his head.

I decided to try and crack a joke so it wouldn't be as awkward, "Need to lay off the Nandos' there, buddy."

He ignored my attempt and finally found his voice, "Ellie, please just listen. To Harry, to me, to all of us."

"You make this sound like we are best friends."

"B-but we are aren't we?" he whimpered.

I frowned, "We only met a few days ago."

"So? That doesn't mean we aren't best friends."

"I know, I just, UGH!" I groaned, throwing my hands into the air, "Why is my life so freaking complicated!"

"It's only complicated when you let it, Ellie," Niall said calmly.

I eyed him, "When did you become all 'I'm wise and I know it'?"

"I'm not," he said, his breathing finally going back to normal, "I'm just telling the truth."

I rolled my eyes, "Either way, I don't want it to be complicated-"

"But you're letting it," Niall pointed out, "Now can we please just talk."

"Not to Harry."

"Then talk to me."

I glared at him, but my eyes came across the bruise forming on his face. "Is this from..."

"Harry," he finished, blushing.

I took a step towards him and gently placed a hand on his face, getting a good look at the blueing spot just under his eye.

He watched my every move, his eyes watching my hand, and finally flinched when I ran my finger on the raised spot.

"Does it hurt?" I ask stupidly.

"Yeah," he admitted quietly, rubbing the back of his head with his hand.

I watched and tears formed in the corners of my eyes, "This is all my fault."

"No, Ellie its not."

I shook my head, "Yes it is!" I turned around and ran back down through the hallway, Niall close on my heels. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe the Nandos' didn't effect his athletic ability.

I pushed the elevator open again, once more, it right there, waiting for me. Jeez, these people do NOT use these elevators, I thought in the spur of the moment.

I hopped in the elevator and pressed the home floor button, but Niall jumped in when the doors were closing.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a panic.

"Anywhere but here."

"What, why?"

"Because I've caused you enough trouble," I said, finally letting a few tears fall. I turned into the corner so Niall wouldn't see them.

"Why the hell would you think you've caused me trouble?" he asked, slamming his fist onto the emergency button, stopping the elevator.

I spun around, pointing to his face, never taking a second thought about the button he just pressed, "This! If I never started my fucking singing career, I would of never gone onto that fucking show, and I would never of fucking met you!" I screamed.

He looked at me, hurt spread all over his face, "Is that really what you think?"

"For God's sake yes!"

"Then you're fucking wrong. Because if you never started your fucking singing career, you would of never gone onto that fucking show, and if you never fucking met me, I would of never had the fucking chance to do this." And he smashed him lips onto mine.

I stood, frozen in place, shocked.

His lips moved on mine and I stood there like an idiot, eyes wide, arms stuck at my sides while Niall, Niall HORAN, kissed me. And I have to admit, the kid's an amazing kisser.

After a second, he pulled away and looked me in the eye, his pupils filled with, what almost looked like regret.

I looked back at him in the same way and I slid to the ground and pulled my knees to my chest in the corner.

"Oh God, Ellie I'm sorry, I-"

I cut him off, "Don't be."

"But, I-"

"I said, don't be," I snapped.

He stopped talking and he looked at his shoes.

I licked my lips, still feeling the taste of him on my lips. I smiled, and looked up at him. "Thank you," I said bluntly.

"For?" he asked quietly.

"For helping me make up my mind."

"About what?" he raised his gaze from the ground.

"About staying. It's not time for me to leave yet," I said, smiling shyly.

He fist pumped the air and jumped, making the elevator jiggle and I laughed slightly, "But you didn't let me finish, I said it's not time for me to leave yet. And I mean that. But I mean I'm not leaving you. Harry, yes."

He smiled his toothy grin, "Don't blame you on that one!"

"Don't get too full of your self."

"I'm not, I'm just happy you aren't leaving!"

I decided to try a joke again, "Well I kinda can't, since you did hit the emergency button. Neither of us are going anywhere."

He laughed and then his face fell. "Oh, shit. You're right. Not only are we not going anywhere, but we're stuck for who knows how long."

"Shit," I mutter agreeing with him. This was so not good.