~ Chapter 44 - The Brother Returns ~*

I rushed into my Mum's arms, "Mum!" I said again.

"Ellie - bear!" she replied, squeezing me.

"I missed you so much!"

"I did too! However, I wish we didn't have to meet under these circumstances," she murmured into my ear.

My face fell, "Yeah me too."

We stood hugging hugging each other before I pulled back and moved to Dad.

"Hi, Dad," I mumbled, pushing my face into the shoulder of his blazer.

"I'm so sorry, Ellie. I know you were with her when it happened."

"Yeah," I nodded. "I miss her."

"I know, hun. We all do. It wasn't her time."

I shook my head, "It wasn't. It really wasn't."

"I would love to talk more, however, I do believe someone wants to see you," Dad said and let me go, pointing behind me.

I turned around and looked down. "Kegan!"

My six - year - old brother, well Jayda's brother, was standing there, waving. "Elwwie!" he said, raising his arms up.

I knew exactly what he wanted. He wanted to be picked up, so i did. I placed him on my hip and gave him a big kiss on his cheek. Something I knew he hated.

"Ewwie!" he giggled, pushing my face away.

I laughed and said, "How are you doing, Kegan?"

"So happy that I get to come see you!" he smiled. I noticed that Kegan was in the middle of loosing teeth. He didn't have his front two.

I gave him a puzzled look and looked over at Dad who was standing next to me.

"He doesn't know. He's so young, we didn't want to scare him, telling him his sister died. So don't tell him okay? We just told him we all came here to visit you, okay?"

I nodded and turned back to my little brother, who was asking me a question.

"Who are those men?" He was pointing to the One Direction boys, who were quietly standing there.

i smiled, "Well, boys, this is my little brother, Kegan. And Kegan, these are my friends, Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Harry."

The boys waved as I said their names and Kegan waved back, a huge grin on his face.

"And then there's Niall. Who's my boyfriend," I said.

"You have a boyfriend?" Kegan said, wrinkling up his nose.

"Who says I can't?"

"Me!" he exclaimed.

"And why can't I have a boyfriend," I asked.

"'Cause you won't have enough time for me!"

My jaw dropped, "I'll always have time for my little Keagy!" I placed anthor sloppy kiss on his cheek, making him crack up.

"You promise?"

"I promise," I smiled, "Now go play with Niall and his friends, okay? I'm going to go talk to Mum."

Niall held out his arms and I transfered Kegan from mine to his.

'Thank you,' I mouthed to Niall and he just smiled.

As I walked away towards Mum, I heard Kegan ask, "Have you kissed Ellie?"

I was too far away to hear Niall's answer but I wasn't too worried about it. I walked up to Mum and put an arm around her shoulders. She was standing next to the closed casket, just looking at it.