50

Come on.

Come on Percy.

"Calm down baby. Please calm down." I mumbled, knowing she couldn't hear me as I held her arms to the bed.

The cabin shuddered.

Damn it.

I know I try to shield Earth from her... but her powers still could push through.

Like instead of destroying the solar system she'd only destroy like...the inner planets?

And people wonder why she doesn't like using her powers.

Percy struggled against me, trying desperately to free herself.

My hands glowed blue as I continued to try to calm her and get her out of whatever nightmare she was in.

Which...

Well I'm pretty sure this is going to be a long day.

Percy's eyes shot open and a blast of energy hit everything, ripping everything off the walls.

And even knocking a few feathers off of my wings.

Okay never mind.

And...

She's getting stronger.

"Dad?!" She yelled reaching out, feeling blindly.

I'm right...

Oh.

Um...

I don't think she can see me.

Why?

Well her eyes are cloudy. So yeah...

I gently took her hands in mine. "I'm right here. Can you see anything?"

She hesitated before shaking her head.

I sighed.

Side effect maybe?

"Everything's dark."

Well, at least she's not dead. But she's still burning hot. She needs to sleep.

Or something.

Because how did I not notice that she was still shaking and her feathers poofed up?

Yeah. We definitely need to do something.

By we I mean I.

I pulled my daughter close to me and wrapped my wings around her before I cooled my body temperature.

And then she started shivering.

Is...this normal for humans?

I can't get sick so I have absolutely no basis from personal experience.

And I'm pretty sure Percy hasn't gotten sick on Chaon before.

Michael?

What?

If someone has a fever what should I do?

Well, if it's not too bad give them some medicine. But if it's really high you might need to put them in an ice bath.

Thanks.

Why are-

No reason.

I cut off the link before focusing and a tub filled with ice and water appeared.

I hope this works.