47

Nonononono.

"I'm so sorry." I knelt next to Percy.

Of course Zoë had to have her knife on her.

And of course Kronos had to steal it.

And of course this would happen.

Micheal. Lee. I need you here now.

Is it you Luke?

Yeah. Now hurry guys. Percy...I-

We're on our way.

Hurry.

I backed away from her. How could I have done this to her?

I could have stopped him. I broke his control before for Annabeth.

Why couldn't I do it for Percy?

"What- Oh. That's not good." Michael sighed and dropped his bag.

"Keep anybody else away. We don't need interruptions. This is going to be difficult enough as it is." Lee instructed.

I nodded and walked about five feet away, sitting against the arena wall.

Sighing I shifted my form to a cat. And what I saw...I should have guessed before what Kronos was doing.

I mean when I shapeshift I usually have brown fur/scales/feathers, which I don't fully understand maybe something to do with my dad, but it's usually only streaked with gold.

But when I shapeshifted into a merman, my tail was pure gold.

I didn't really think anything of it, cause Percy mentioned something about how merpeoples' tails can change.

I really wish I had paid attention to it now. Cause then Percy probably wouldn't be in this situation.

Curling up, I closed my eyes so everybody would think I was asleep. But I kept my eyes open wide enough that I could see.

"Alpha. Mind shifting to something bigger? We need to get her to the cabin."

I stood up. What are you thinking?

Wolf or horse or something.

Wolf it is.

Honestly, the wolf form is the one I like the most.

Don't know why. But I like it.

I walked over to them and they gently lifted Percy onto my back, her wings trailing on the ground.

Slowly I walked towards the cabin, and the way was oddly deserted.

"Where do you think you're going?" Dakota stood with about ten demigods on either side of him.

"Our cabin." Michael spoke.

"Not happening. After all, one of your members just so happened to be aiding the enemy."

My fur raised and I growled at him.

That...you know what? Those words are too good for him.

Dakota drew a sword. "Now we just need to make sure you can't do anything like that."

Michael and Lee summoned their bows.

Ethan!

What?

Where are you?

The cabin.

Come outside now.