48

I sighed and ran a hand over Percy's hair.

It's been a few days. And she still hasn't woken up.

Hades, she hasn't even moved.

I just have to hope she wakes up.

I don't want to a) lose her, B) deal with Chaos, and c) be responsible for the entire army.

Mainly...no all three of them.

"Luke."

I looked up to see...

"Hey Chaos."

He sighed and walked over to me, before placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I know you don't want me to heal her, because then I'd take her back to Chaon. But you have to remember that would only be for her own good."

"Yeah I know. If Percy's on Chaon it stabilizes her or whatever it was you told us."

"If I don't heal her Luke, she might not wake up."

Damn it.

I could almost hear Percy correcting me with a damn of her own.

Which nobody in the Elite understands.

I don't even know if Chaos knows.

I stared at Percy, taking in her pained face sweat trickling down as her body tried to fight off the infection.

Yeah...

Apparently Micheal and Lee didn't think about her getting an infection or anything.

Or maybe they weren't able to prevent one while healing her.

Or maybe it was a side effect of their healing magic combating the heal block Kronos used.

Anyway...back on topic.

This is all my fault.

If I had just paid more attention to all the signs...

If I had kept myself from getting close to her...

Chaos reached out a hand, which was glowing a gentle mix of lavender and silver, and placed it on Percy's forehead.

Then he looked at me. "Stop it. Luke stop it. Blaming yourself for something that wasn't your fault isn't going to help her."

He placed a hand on his face. "Now listen, Zeus was forced to call a council meeting detailing what happened with you. Percy would be the one to go, but as we both know she is in no condition to be doing anything."

Oh no.

"That means I have to go listen to them debate and argue about what happened." Great. Just please let me be wrong.

Please.

But Chaos nodded his head.

"Luke, grab your mask and put on your armor. You need to look like the second in command...not like a teenage boy who has stayed up for three days straight."

With that he waved his hand and I felt much more energized.

"Okay, for one. I'm in my twenties Chaos. Not exactly a teenager."

"You act like one. Now go get changed. I will only take her back to Chaon if I need to actually heal her. Right now I'm just boosting her immune system."

Oh thank you Chaos.

"You're welcome. Now go."

I nodded and walked out of Percy's room and into mine. Which I haven't really entered except to change into some fresh clothes.