37

"Just like that? You choose to believe me just like that?" I raised an eyebrow.

Dad chuckled. "Omega seems slightly more respectful to Zeus. Only slightly but that might as well be a mile for you."

He stepped down from his throne and moved towards Hestia and I.

Boom!

Proper grammar.

At least I think it was proper.

And why does proper grammar sound so weird.

Me and Hestia sounds so much better.

"Will you be okay dear?" Hestia whispered in my ear.

I nodded. "I'll be fine. You should go though. If he finds out and he finds out you know..."

"I'll see you later." She gave me one last hug before flashing away.

Dad placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me towards him.

And I'd like to be able to admit that I relaxed into it.

But I didn't.

Instead I tensed up.

It took me five hundred years to actually let Chaos hug me. Excluding the first two.

Cause the first one was involuntary.

And the second one was because I was happy.

Happy to have someone who cared.

Someone who I can't put in danger.

Chaos has admitted to me he's literally incapable of fading.

Bright side. I never have to take over for him.

Down side?

I have to put up with him.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing..." I mumbled. "But I think you should revamp the prison policies."

"I look into doing that. But Percy...it may have been five years...but I know you. You're my child."

"Obviously you don't know me too well."

Dad placed his hand on the back of my head, guiding it to his chest. "I know. I regret it. Every single day. But you're back. And I love you so much baby."

I nodded, but I still didn't relax.

Dad seemed to sense I wouldn't allow myself to relax around him for a long time.

Because he let me go.

"I love you Dad. But I need time." I stared at him, straight in the eye as understanding dawned on him.

"Of course." He nodded. "I hurt you. And I guess...that makes me kinda a failure at being a dad huh?"

I opened my mouth to respond to that.

But Triton beat me to it.

"Pretty much."

"Triton!" I threw a glare at him. "Stop it!"

Then I looked back at Dad, who had a sad and distant look in his eyes.

"You're not a complete failure. I mean you actually kept Bessie alive. How is he anyway?"

"Good. Why did you call him Bessie anyway?" Was his reply.

"I thought he was a she at first. The same thing happened with Blackjack too. I'm really bad with guessing genders."