WEDLOCK-Chapter 10

CHAPTER-10

KETU

~~~~

We reached the venue of the engagement.... But waiting outside the venue...Preeti went to say to my mom that we reached.....Bhanu is speaking with someone.... And I am in serious confusion whether wat I am doing is right or not and nervousness that Will I be a good wife to yash or good daughter in law to his family....

The venue is in a famous five star hotel (owned by them said by the driver) and by mom came to my sight... When she saw me she smiled... And I done the same... She is wearing a green pattu sari.. She came and opened the car door and took a seat and said me .. I look gorgeous..... And said bhanu she looks beautiful too... And asked bhanu and the driver to wait outside a minute... And asked bhanu to call Preeti to come...

Mom-"what's in your mind...?"

Me-"nothing mom.... Why?"

Mom-"I am your mom... For nothing .... For these many years... So say me why you look confused and nervous ....?" You see this is how you get caught when you and your mom are like close friends...

Me-"nothing... It's just whether what I am doing is correct or not?"

Mom-"ketu.... Don't worry about it... You know ...me and your dad haven't spoken a word before our marriage.. Right... But you know right?.. that me and your dad loves each other.. Can you disagree that"

Me- " I don't think I can disagree that..." Mom smiled

Mom-" hmmm.... All you have to do is be how you are.... And never forgot this.... Enjoy every moment.... As there won't be a chance to go back.... Love everyone and see their positive.... So you won't hurt anyone.... So you won't  regret when you come to know they are not that bad...... "

Me-" hmmm...."

Mom-"ok... Now I go in and come with aarti plates.... And come in after five minutes as the auspicious time starts after five minutes... Ok.." I nodded and she went and Preeti and bhanu came inside the car and spoked for sometime.... And as the time strikes 7.00 the driver took us in to the hotel

As we reached in....I saw my relatives standing there with aarti plate(plate filled with vermillion poweder diluted with water and betal leafs are kept in it and a camphor is placed above the betal... And the camphor is lighted)... Bhanu and Preeti got down first... And I got down with the help of them as my dress is weight... And yonita and anisha had the two ends of the plate and made a three circular motion in clockwise and anticlockwise direction and kept me a tilak( hope yoni kept it small... And yoni even said she kept it small..) and anisha & yonita took it away to pour it in a plant...

As we were going in......my dad, My mama's(cross cousins father), athai's(cross cousins mother), Nadan's & karan's father and mother, my grandmothers.....said me congrats and said I look gorgeous and beautiful.... As I reached to the area were the engagement is going to take place.... I was too happy......The area is in the garden of the hotel.... I always wanted my engagement, wedding, reception... To take place in a open air.... At least one of them... I love it.... It is decorated cosily.... With two stage towards end and opposite to each other... And banquet arrangement in the middle.... And a stage in the middle at the side opposite to the buffet.... The chairs and table are decorated with white colour sheets with blue highlight here and there..... And super lighting effects to highlight the view...the guest have filled the place.. And everyone is draped in a fine clothes...

Mom asked me to sit on the chair which is also cosily decorated and looked majestic... And my mama sarvanan came and put me a nose ring in my nose.... Which is a magnetic nose ring... As I don't want to have a nose ring in near future.. So they adapted the magnetic nose ring for the tradition.... It's is a sliver one and so thin and curved my nose perfectly that ...... Won't be visible unless you see carefully...... I think mom should have bought this... As she knows clearly... That I don't like nose ring to wear....