"I thought you said three."

"Yeah, yeah," I waved her protest away, listening as she groaned slightly behind me, realizing that I got her.

"Okay," I said, the mouse going mad as I clicked through dozens of video footage to get to the feed that I wanted. "Okay."

"You said that already."

"Shut up." I snapped, getting serious as I swiveled around to face her. I was dead serious now, I needed to convince her that Shiro wasn't the real Shiro. I held the proof in the palm of my hand and all I needed to do was make it convincing enough, she had to believe me.

"You know what happened after Zarkon, puffed into a whole bunch of magic sparkles, right?"

Pidge nodded, not quite getting where I was going with it.

"I may have listened in on Keith and "Shiro's" conversation," I said, putting air quotes for Shiro.

Pidges lips turned downward slightly at my action. "I thought that was my thing. What were you doing?"

"I was being sneaky. Now, I heard that Shiro doesn't remember anything after Zarkon went kablooey, which, isn't anything new. The poor guy still got amnesia from the first time he got kidnapped, but," I said, swiveling back around toward the computer with a flourish, "I've got a little tidbit."

I moved the mouse over the camera screen feed in the bottom right corner, currently froze to show off a lovely scene: large tube-like tanks lined the far wall, all of them filled with a strange purplish liquid. Each one of them containing a strangely humanoid form huddled, floating in the center of the strange fluid.

"So? What does this have to do with Shiro? And why does him not remembering anything have to do with it?"

"Shush," I said, holding up my hand, my eyes too focused on locating the play button. Once I finally found it a second later, I turned back around at her, peering over my shoulder to make sure she didn't walk off. "Because I haven't pressed the play button yet."

I clicked the button quickly, watching with her as the forms within the tubes quickly began growing in length and size. Occasionally scientists would walk in at lightning speed and walk out again, only to come back in a second later. The footage ended.

I swiveled back to face, her, my face broke out in a grin. "This footage was taken about two weeks before Shiro was found. And you said so yourself that the Galra could possibly implant memories through his arm, so what if the Galra could also copy memories?

"Shiro had said that he couldn't remember anything until after he woke back up on a Galra ship. The reason he couldn't remember anything from when they were fighting Zarkon was because his arm couldn't record it. Shiro was getting fried by Zarkon, so all of that electricity caused his arm to stop recording memories. This-" I gestured behind me to the frozen footage. "-is a way to restore all of that."

Pidge raised an eyebrow at the information, it suddenly becoming a struggle to look uninterested in what I was saying. "But that could be anything, it could be some gladiator they want to make duplicates out of."

I hate it when she does that.

"Yeah, but," I turned back around, "that's not all." I moved the screen to another feed I had found, I didn't have to press play for Pidge to recognize who it was, I could hear her sudden intake of air behind me as her eyes caught sight of who was on the screen.

Displayed on the screen in front of us was Shiro, laying sprawled out on an operation table, his eyes closed. His arm had been taken off, laying a few inches away from his stump, wires poking out of the arm, some of them still attached to the unconscious subject. His hair, which had somehow lengthened dramatically draped over his face, the scar across his nose peeking out from under it.