Ebb of the Night (Chapter 5)

Start from the beginning

The bills were quickly paid for and the group once again set out for their next destination. Doyle was actually looking forward to the blue ocean and the warm white sand of the beach. It wasn't crowded but by no means was it empty. There was plenty of room for a group of their sized to have a bit of beach to themselves. Zach and Kyle walked off to rent some chairs as the rest of them strolled about. Doyle plopped his butt down in the soft sand as he watched the girls strip down to their bathing suits again. Instantly his eyes were drawn to Andy with her red suit that accented her curved waist and plump breasts and Izzy wiggling out of her shorts to reveal a tiny black bikini. A slight gasp escaped his throat as he realized that Izzy was the girl he saw dancing earlier. Both girls clasped hands and ran toward the crashing waves, screaming when the water broke at their ankles.

"Come on, Doyle!" Izzy yelled, he smirked as he got to his feet and began tugging off his shirt. Taking his time he sauntered down to the water's edge letting the water greet his toes before he ran full force to the ocean diving head first into the next upcoming wave. The cool water engulfed him as he paddled his way up for air.

As Doyle broke the surface he felt someone jump on head pushing him back down, sudden shock ripped through his body as whoever held his head put all their weight into it. Grabbing the body that hovered over him he pulled them down in the water with him hoping to get a glimpse under the water as to who it was. But they were gone once he opened his eyes the salt water stinging his sensitive eyes. As he gasped for air when he resurfaced a second time he saw both Andy and Izzy laughing a few feet away.

"Oh you two are in for it now!" He called out as he jumped toward both of them causing them to squeal and paddle to get away. Both girls being agile slipped away from him eager grasp eventually running from the water to collapse on the soft white sand.

"We're too quick for you, Doyle." Izzy teased as Andy turned back and grinned a breath taking smile.

"I doubt that!" Tipping his head down he glanced up at the girls giving them an evil glare as he posed ready to pounce. Their squeals filled the air again as he sprinted toward them, both running in different directions. "No fair, there is only one of me, and two of you!" He whined as he stopped watching both girls turn back to face him.

"Doyle!" Zach called from behind him, "Catch!" Doyle turned just in time to catch the multicolored football that was hurdling toward his head. As he cocked his arm back to throw it back he felt the ball being snatched from his hand only to see Andy running toward Zach with the ball tucked under her arm.

They spent the next few hours playing until they were nearly all dead on their feet. Doyle collapsed into a lounge chair Zach had rented, the sun was warming his skin as he felt sleep try to take over. Just on the cusp of sleep he heard soft music begin to play. Opening one eye slightly, he shielded his eyes from the bright sun to see Izzy, Alicia, and Nicholet dancing together.

"Come on Andy, you danced with me earlier!" Izzy whined.

"Yeah, well you and Nicholet put me to shame. So to save myself the embarrassment, no." Andy sighed as she relaxed back in a chair.

Doyle closed his eye, he did want to be seen eavesdropping so he just hoped his heightened hearing would do the job. "Andy." Izzy said quietly as she took a seat on the edge of Andy's chair. "You act like you can't dance as good as us."

"I can't, and I won't go around pretending I can." Andy's voice sounded harsh and full of regret. "You two are in Julliard, I'm not."

"But..."

"Drop it Iz, just drop it!" Andy sat back huffing loudly.

"Come on, Izzy. Those guys over there want to talk to us." Nicholet called, Izzy sighed heavily as she pushed herself up from the chair and slowly trudged behind Nicholet and Alicia. Doyle couldn't resist anymore he turned to look at Andy, who was watching her friends and cousin walk off to talk to a group of college guys standing a few yards away.