Snape - Long Lost Love

Long Lost Love

Request for Angel of Darkness

"I was wondering if you could do one where the reader was a new teacher in the third year and that the reader is actually assigned as an assistant to Snape"

Request for CalypsoStorm

A/N: There were several messages back and forth so I summarized the request.

"Hey I just wanted to say first that I love and thoroughly enjoy your one shots."

"The reader was Lily's sister and Snape's childhood friend. After Lily died, the reader became mute, too traumatized to speak. Now she's an adult, and she runs into her old friend who's heartbroken to see how Lily's death affected her."

Your heeled boots clicked against marble floors as you sauntered down the halls of Hogwarts, eyes scanning the name plaques that hung outside each doorway in search of the professor you were to be assisting. You were no stranger to the famous school – many years ago, you'd attended Hogwarts with your older sister, Lily Evans.

Being back in the familiar setting of castle walls and ghosts haunting the hallways didn't faze you in the least. What shook your core was the name engraved in the plaque of the room in which you were assigned to be a teacher's aide.

Professor Severus Snape.

Back in your studying years, you were Snape's best friend. After Lily fell in love with James and turned up her nose at the black-haired Slytherin, you grew rather close with Severus. Truth be told, you'd developed a bit of a crush on him, but you knew how infatuated he was with your sister, so you left it alone.

It warmed your heart how Severus tried to protect Lily from Voldemort's wrath, and you sobbed into his arms when you found her dead body on the floor. Had you been older (you were only twenty when she died), you would have offered to take Harry in. But you feared that you weren't stable enough to support yourself, let alone a toddler, and you thought that your older sister Petunia was better suited to adopt a child.

You hadn't known how neglectful she was, otherwise you would have insisted that you could take care of Harry.

Lily's death had traumatized you more than you could have ever expected. The two of you were quite close, though you despised how her lover treated Severus, and how you were the only person to stand up for him. But you didn't have nightmares or panic attacks like one might expect.

Your trauma side effect was that since the day you sobbed in Severus's arms over the loss of your sister, you'd become completely mute.

A knock on the door caught Severus's attention, and he turned his attention away from the ingredients rack he was sorting. "Come in."

You turned the handle and opened the door, your breath suddenly knocked out of you at the sight of your teenage crush.

Severus was visibly affected as well. He nearly dropped the bottle he was holding, instead gripping it so tightly that his knuckles turned white. "(Y/N)?"

You nodded eagerly, producing your wand from a pocket inside your coat. You swished it around in the air, leaving a light stream in its wake. The lights fluttered around to form letters, which joined together to form words.

'Yes, Severus, it's me.'

He frowned, tilting his head in confusion. "Why can't you speak?"