Draco - Changes - Trans!reader

Changes

A/N: I've never written transgender and I've only personally known a couple of transgender people so I kinda took it from my perspective and did some research.

"Do you think you could do a ftm transgender reader x draco where they're both in slytherin but someone (idk pansy maybe?) keeps reminding the reader that they're not really a boy and draco helps make them feel better? You don't have to do this is it makes you uncomfortable.."

You strode confidently through the halls of Hogwarts, clutching your books to your chest. Your morning classes had come to an end and you were on your way to lunch. Students littered the halls, some pumped with excitement and others drained from too many tests.

School had only been in session for a month, but it had been hard on you. This year was completely different. You'd made some severe changes to yourself.

Over the last couple of years, you had decided that you weren't really a girly girl. In fact, you didn't want to be a girl at all. You always felt more masculine than society thought you should be. At first, you didn't care, but then you thought that perhaps masculinity was the direction you could go. You had started with therapy. You wanted to do everything the right way, so you found a sex reassignment therapist and made an appointment. She was lovely, and she never made you feel like a freak. You hadn't told anyone outside your family, and they, thankfully, understood. Your biggest concern was returning to school.

After therapy was testosterone hormone therapy, and then surgery. You did as much research as you could on sex reassignment surgery before finding the best doctor in town. You had already changed your name for everyone who knew you, but you were waiting until everything was final before you went to court and made the changes legal.

By the time this school year began, you were, for all intents and purposes, a boy.

Students were less understanding than your family had been. You knew you were lucky when they accepted your decision, and you knew that going back to school would be difficult. The professors were kind, but you were sorted into the toughest House in Hogwarts – insulting and judging came naturally to them.

"Look, it's (y/n)," a snobby voice came from down the hall. A sigh fell from your lips as you passed Pansy Parkinson. She was the number one person who disapproved of your transformation. You knew she would be in charge of the taunting.

You had been best friends with Draco Malfoy since first year, something that Pansy refused to let go. She had made your life as hellish as she could since then, but you usually managed to brush it off. Draco stood up to her and always chose you, so you didn't have much to worry about.

Your transformation was a sore subject and the most sensitive piece of your personality. You knew the brunette would be all over it, finding every way she could to use it against you.

"Shove off, Parkinson," you countered as she glared pointedly at you.

"Ooh, she speaks," she grinned.

You pursed your lips as kept walking, trying to ignore her.

"You know, Draco will lose interest. He doesn't swing that way. There's no way he'll accept what you've done. Serves you right, too. You never deserved him anyway."

Part of you didn't believe her. Draco was your friend and you knew he would accept you. But a small piece of insecurity slipped through your confidence and made you wonder. Would he be appalled? You had hung out the usual amount during the month school had been in session. He hadn't been distant or avoiding you. But what if that didn't last? What if he decided he didn't like the new you?

Your feet increased speed and you sauntered right past the Great Hall. You could hear Pansy and her friends laughing in the background as you turned the corner and headed out into the courtyard. No one was outside as everyone was heading either to lunch or their dorms, so you had plenty of space to yourself.

You found an old tree and collapsed to your knees, leaning against the trunk. You bit your lip and tried to stop the tears, but you just couldn't help but wonder if Pansy spoke truth. Maybe Draco hated your new lifestyle and just hadn't bothered to tell you yet.

As you sat in the grass and tried to stop the tears from flowing, you heard footsteps approaching. You quickly wiped your eyes, not wanting whoever was intruding to see your weakened state.

"(fem/n)?" a familiar voice called. "I'm sorry. (y/n)."

Draco corrected himself. Surely that meant something.

You hesitantly looked up. "How'd you find me?"

He chuckled as he plopped down beside you. "This is your spot when you're upset."

You sighed at yourself for being so predictable, gaze falling to your lap.

"What's wrong?" he asked gently. He placed a hand on your cheek, fingers dipping into your recently cut hair. Realization sparked inside his mind. "Pansy said something, didn't she?"

You nodded, more tears building up behind your eyes.

"You know she's just riling you up, right? Her words mean nothing."

You but your lip as you looked at him. "She said that you would leave. She said that there was no way you would accept who I am now, that you wouldn't be attracted to me anymore."

Anger bubbled inside him. How dare Pansy come along and make his (y/n) feel that way?

He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you onto his lap. "I fell in love with who you are. It'll take some getting used to- I may use the wrong nickname or pronouns- but it's still you in there. If you're more comfortable being a boy, then I guess I'm attracted to boys. I would never leave you over something like that."

You sniffled and looked up at him. Draco Malfoy, the boy who would reject people based on their House or blood status, had just sworn himself to you after you had a life-changing alteration.

"Really?" you asked softly.

"Absolutely," he murmured. He leaned in and pressed a gentle kiss to your lips. "I love you, (nickname). Like I said, it'll take some getting used to, but I'm not leaving. Tell Parkinson to shove it. Her words don't matter."

You wrapped your arms around his neck and curled into his chest. He kissed the top of your head and you waited out the next half hour in the courtyard, knowing you would want to calm down before you had to deal with people.

It didn't matter if no one else accepted you. Draco did, and that was enough for you.