Hermione - Aguamenti

Request for Annie.

"Oooo. Hermione x Reader where Hermione is tutoring the reader in a subject. Sorry about you laptop :( that's never fun. Thanks!"

Your leg bounced anxiously as Professor Flitwick charmed all of your test papers to float back to their respective owners. You had taken a charms exam earlier that week, but it wasn't your best subject, so you were dreading the results.
A piece of parchment landed face down on your desk as to respect your privacy. You hesitantly picked it up, glancing at the bold red letter scrawled in the top right corner.
C-
You cringed. You didn't fail completely, but you didn't pass either. A disappointed sigh escaped your lips. You had really tried! Until this year, you had perfect headed, even competing with Granger in some subjects. But everything seemed to advance further than you were prepared this year, and you were falling behind.
Class was dismissed and it seemed that everyone was pleased with their grade except for you. You sulked out into the hallway, clutching your paper to your chest so no one else could see it.
"Hey, (y/n)," a feminine voice called from behind you. You turned on your heel to see Hermione following quickly.
"Hey, Hermione," you replied, stopping so she could catch up to you.
"Why do you look so down?" she asked. "Bad grade?"
You nodded. "My worst yet." You reluctantly showed her your result.
She cringed in response, knowing how harsh a bad grade was. She scanned the whole test, taking in all the questions you answered incorrectly.
"I could help," she offered. "I aced the last exam. I could tutor you on the charms you missed."
"Really?" you asked, relief washing over you. "That would be amazing."
She smiled, her chest warming. "Let's meet in the library after dinner," she suggested.
You nodded eagerly. "I'll be there."
You both rushed to your next class, your heart skipping a beat as you thought about the evening to come.

As soon as dinner was over, you headed to your dorm to fetch your Charms book. You grabbed it along with all of your notes and carried the lot to the library to meet your study partner.
When you arrived, the library was nearly empty. You found Hermione at a table near the charms section, a pile of books and notes beside her.
You sat across from her, placing your belongings on the table. She looked up at the noise and smiled at you.
"Hey," she greeted softly.
"Hi," you countered. "So what are starting with?"
"Let me see your test again," she requested, holding her hand out expectantly.
You nodded, passing her the piece of parchment with an embarrassing amount of red marks on it.
"Alright, it looks like you had problems with the Aguamenti charm," she said.
You nodded again. "Yeah, I can't seem to get the hang of that one. All I can get from my wand is a sprinkle."
She gestured for you to stand and you complied. She raised her wand as an example, and you followed suit.
"Aguamenti," she stated, and water shot from the tip of her wand like a hose.
"Aguamenti," you repeated, following her lead. A couple of dribbles fell from your wand pathetically.
She stood behind you. "Hold your wand like this," she said, placing her hand over yours. Your breath hitched in your throat and your heartbeat increased as she moved your hand with hers.
"Aguamenti," you murmured as firmly as you could while she held with your hand movement. This time, your wand opened up and let water fly, spraying the area in front of you like you had thrown a bucket.
A smile split your lips and you grinned. "It worked! Thank you!"
She chuckled at your excitement. "You did it, not me."
"But you helped," you smiled.
You realized that you were standing close to her, with her hand still wrapped around yours. You leaned in close enough to feel her breath on your lips. She swallowed thickly, wondering if you could hear how hard and fast her heart was pounding.
You took a leap of faith and closed the gap, pressing your lips to hers. She melted against you, her free hand resting on your waist. You sighed softly and parted your lips, tilting your head to deepen the kiss.
"Is that my reward for making progress?" you asked with a breathy giggle.
"I think it's my reward for helping," she chuckled.
You pulled her into another kiss before she picked up your test paper again.

After that, you became a couple. You spent every moment you could together, whether you were studying or just cuddling. Your grades improved significantly, but whenever you slipped, Hermione was right there to help.
You began meeting in one of your dorms so that you would be more comfortable. The library was crowded and formal, while dorms and common rooms offered couches and cuddling.
You sat with Hermione on her bed, a Charms book in your lap. You had a midterm coming up and you were determined to pass. Hermione was happily supportive.
You went through every charm in the book, practicing them. She would gently correct whatever you did wrong, and for every charm you performed correctly, you were rewarded with a kiss.
Accio was one that you had problems with. Pronunciation was a hard one for you, so you struggled with performing it properly. Hermione encouraged you and guided your casting, and after several tries, you perfected the spell five times in a row. You now had a pile of objects you had no current need for on the bed because you had managed to summon them.
"You're doing great, sweetie," Hermione smiled, resting her hand on your cheek. She turned your head to face her, and you leaned in, capturing your lips.
"All thanks to you," you commented against her lips. She smiled and kissed you again. As her arms wound around your neck and yours secured around her waist, the rest of your midterm studying was forgotten and all you could focus on was her lips.