Draco - Love Conquers All

Love Conquers All
Request for TinaTheWriter
A/N: I'm gonna get really particular about requests, guys. Follow the regulations. I'm not doing anymore songfics, which have only been requested for Avengers so far. There are still certain characters I won't write, which has also only really been an Avengers issue. If you phrase it like a demand, I'll probably ignore it. Also still not taking guest requests. I post these stories on four different websites. You can make an account on at least one, even if it's just to message me about a request. The Harry Potter and Supernatural series haven't been as obnoxious, but I'm putting it out there that I'm getting picky.
"Could you make another Draco Malfoy one when they go to the Weasley's house."

You patiently waited at the train station for your family to arrive. Draco was seated beside you as you frantically looked around the room for his parents. He had tried assuring you multiple times that they weren't coming, but you had to be sure. They were powerful, intimidating people, and you did not want to be the cause of their frustration, which you feared you were. Draco insisted that if they would be mad at anyone, it would be him, but you were the reason they would be mad at him, so that did nothing to ease your nerves.
Draco had informed them that he wanted to spend the holidays with his new girlfriend. Narcissa was delighted at first, but Lucius asked who this girlfriend was. If you had been a pureblood Slytherin, like Pansy- the name made you both shudder in disgust- then they would have approved. But you were a Weasley, and an obvious one at that, with copper blonde hair and Gryffindor colors. So they were much less than thrilled, and had practically disowned Draco once he told them the news. You felt bad for him, but he assured you, or tried to, that this was a good thing. He was standing up for himself, for you, and he could use some distance from his father. You knew how much his mother meant to him, but he was sure that she would be happy for him were she not with his father.
You spotted a group of redheads amongst the crowd. Your family was here. You hopped off the bench you'd been sitting on and rushed to meet them. Molly wrapped you in a hug, which continued down the line with the rest of your family. Your siblings got the same treatment, but all went quiet when Arthur noticed a familiar blond beside you.
"Remember, Arthur," Molly said sweetly, "we told (y/n) that Draco could come with her for the holidays."
Arthur grunted in reply and turned to lead his family outside. You reached out to grasp Draco's hand, squeezing it reassuringly, before following them. You looked up at him as you left the station, smiling softly. He returned it, though it was strained. He knew he didn't belong with the Weasleys, but he wanted to be with you.

Once at home, you gave Draco a tour. You ignored the glares coming from all of your brothers and your father as you laced your fingers with his and led him around the house. You had never seen him nervous in the few years you'd known him, but he was nervous now. You wondered if you truly meant so much to him that he had come around to visit knowing your family wouldn't approve, and that was making him nervous. It warmed your heart to think about. You'd have to ask him later.
Molly called that dinner was ready, so you finished off the tour and led Draco back downstairs. Everyone was gathering in the dining room. You sat at your usual seat and gestured for Draco to sit beside you. You kept your hand in his until you required your hands to eat.
"Draco, dear," Molly said kindly, "after dinner I'll get blankets and things for you to use."
"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley," the blond replied quietly. It had been arranged that he would sleep in the living room, but you were going to spend as much time with him as you could before you called it a night.
"So how'd you two meet?" George asked.
"Was it love at first sight?" Fred snickered.
"We first spoke in Potions, didn't we?" you replied, turning to look at the blond.
He nodded. "Snape paired us up for an assignment."
George raised a brow. "Snape paired a Slytherin-"
"-with a Gryffindor?" Fred finished.
You nodded. Draco spoke before you could open your mouth,
"(y/n) is one of his top students. She's the only non-Slytherin Snape actually likes."
You blushed lightly at the compliment, and Molly "aww"ed out loud.
"How did you two get together?" Ginny inquired. "Everyone knows Gryffindors and Slytherins aren't the best of friends. And everyone thought you were prejudice about bloodlines, Draco."
He grimaced at the reminder, though Arthur seemed smug about him being uncomfortable. "That's entirely to appease my father," Draco explained. "As you all know, he's a powerful wizard. I've adopted his bigoted views on society simply to appease him. That's why I've never dated anyone before (y/n). I can't stand any of the girls my father chooses. Besides being snobs because they're purebloods, they have the same views about half-bloods and muggleborns that my father does."
Molly was in awe. "This is a whole new side of you, Draco."
He blushed under all the attention. "I'm sorry for rambling. My father is a sore subject."
Even Arthur seemed a little pleased by Draco's response. You smiled softly and looked up at him. This would be a happy visit.

Later that night, things took a bad turn. Everyone else was asleep, and you were sitting with Draco in the living room. You weren't allowed to share a bed, but you wanted to sit with him and hold his hand until one of you fell asleep.
You were sitting on the couch beside him, your fingers laced together and your head on his shoulder. His head rested atop yours after pressing a kiss to your hair. You hummed softly at the contact and let out a contented sigh.
"This is going well," you commented, looking up at him.
He smiled at you. "Yes, it is... I was worried your parents wouldn't approve."
"My father didn't at first," you admitted. "But he's getting to see the real you; the you that... wants to be with me." You almost said "loves me," but you corrected yourself. It was too early for that. He hadn't said it yet; it wouldn't sound right for you to say it for him.
"The me that loves you," he said softly, grasping your chin in his free hand. You stared at him with wide eyes.
"Really?"
He nodded and leaned in, his eyes closing. You followed suit, tilting your head for a better angle. Your lips were just about to touch...
An explosion sounded outside in the yard. You jumped apart before jumping into the blond's arms. He held you protectively as your father and brothers came stomping down the stairs.
"What did you do?" Arthur demanded in a surprisingly scary tone.
"Dad, he didn't do anything," you defended, standing from the couch. Arthur ignored you and opened the front door, looking outside. Your brothers watched you and Draco warily, waiting for a reason to blame him.
"What are they doing here?" Arthur demanded, turning back to the house.
"Who?" you asked, rushing to the door. Your dad held you back, but let Draco go look. The pained expression on his face told you it wasn't good.
"What's going on?" Molly asked, padding down the stairs.
"The Malfoys are here," Arthur stated dryly.
"I swear, I knew nothing about this," Draco insisted. "They practically disowned me when I told them I was dating your daughter. I didn't know they were planning an attack."
Molly nodded in understanding, but Arthur wasn't convinced.
Outside, Lucius and Narcissa had gathered a group of Death Eaters and were firing bolts of lightning and balls of fire at the house. Bellatrix was giggling like a mental patient as she sent lightning straight at the front door. Arthur closed it just in time, but it nearly broke the wood. He ushered everyone upstairs where they'd be relatively safe before turning to face the Death Eaters.
You sat in Draco's arms, listening to the war going on outside. You had explained to your siblings what was going on, and it took all of your brothers' self-control not to attack Draco right there. No matter what you said, they believed him to be at fault.
Molly padded up the stairs and stood in the doorway. "Draco, they want to speak to you."
Of course, everyone followed him outside.
"How could you?" Narcissa said. "After all we've done for you, you throw it away on a Weasley?"
You looked down at your feet. Nice to know what his parents thought of you.
"I finally found someone that I truly care about, and that cares about me," Draco argued. "Neither of you have ever given me that. Father is always setting me up with girls like Pansy Parkinson. They're disgusting. I'm in love with (y/n) Weasley and there's nothing you can do about it."
You lifted your gaze to look at him, standing up to his parents and fighting for your love. Your family looked between the two of you, and your brothers finally decided that maybe Draco was okay.
Arthur stood in the field, facing off Lucius. Narcissa stood a few feet away, no longer wanting to fight. Everyone else ceased movement to watch the two.
"Your daughter corrupted my son," Lucius blamed.
"My daughter brought out the best in your son," Arthur countered.
Draco stood beside you and took you into his arms. He watched the face-off between your fathers, hoping maybe this would knock some sense into his.
Lucius shot off his wand but Arthur ducked. Arthur shouted something no one else could pronounce, and Lucius was sent flying backwards into the field. Gasps rang out amongst the crowd. No one had ever caught Lucius off guard.
After a few more rounds, Lucius was too weak to continue. He'd used all his energy, and constantly being thrown against the ground was killing his strength. He wouldn't admit it; he would keep fighting if he could. But Narcissa dragged him away, and the rest of the Death Eaters followed.
Arthur approached Draco. "You stood up for my daughter, and proved that you care about her." He clapped the blond on the shoulder. "Welcome to the family."
Molly and your siblings cheered as you headed back inside. Draco smiled and held you close. He had a home, and he had you. He didn't need anything else.