Draco - Desire

Desire

Request for Tina the Wizard

A/N: With help from The Silver Iris and my friend Emily.

"Could you do another Draco Malfoy one, they are really good :D. Maybe the reader could love animals and maybe the scenario could have something to do with that. The reader could be a Slytherin, but she's nice. Maybe Harry could like her a little but Draco likes her more, cuz who doesn't like love triangles?"

Being placed in the House known for lies and trickery earned you a bad rep right off the bat. No one ever gave you the chance to talk to them and let them get to know you – they just assumed you were as vile and coldhearted as Draco Malfoy.

You knew from experience that his reputation was only fractionally true. You had seen his weaker moments, when he was alone in the common room after everyone had gone to bed, and he broke down in a fit of angry tears over not being able to control his own life. You had walked in on him once, curled around himself like a child, sobbing softly into his arms, trying to keep anyone else from hearing him. He had initially turned you away, angrily yelling at you for invading his privacy. But the crack in his voice, how he couldn't even yell at you without breaking down, told you that he needed someone to listen, and you were more than happy to be that person.

You became best friends after that. You were in the same House, so Draco never had to explain why he wanted to spend time with you. You were noticeably nicer than the others, but as long as you wore the colors with pride, they didn't care. It gave you plenty of time to spend with the emotional blond, though most of it was spent in the dark common room after the others had gone to bed. Then he could be himself, without worrying about his father or his reputation or his destiny. Then he was just Draco, and you liked just Draco.

You weren't some delicate flower that needed protecting. You had learned to brush off the spiteful comments from the people who didn't understand you. You weren't cold and cruel like people assumed you to be, but you had learned a few tricks from hanging out with Draco and his lackeys. You couldn't let people push you down.

Still, it threw you off when people were kind to you. You expected some level of comradery from your fellow Slytherins, because they believed in sticking together. But you never expected so much as a "Good morning" from anyone else, save for the professors.

You were shuffling down the hallway after lunch, heading back to your dorm. You had a free period before your next class and you were planning to spend it by yourself in your room, studying and just getting away from everyone. You'd had all of the hateful comments you could take at the moment, and if one more person glared at you, you were going to act like the Slytherin they all accused you of being.

Some confident little Ravenclaw bumped your shoulder as he passed you, effectively making you tumble to the floor. Your books and notes flew from your hands, and you could hear gasps coming from your audience as they stared in awe at the person who dared to take down a Slytherin.

An irritated grumble left your lips as you sat on your knees, reaching out to collect your fallen papers. Everyone waited with bated breath to see how you would react to being shoved, and they were all equally surprised and relieved when you simply continued gathering your things.

A hand came into your vision, offering you a few sheets that had flown out of your reach. Following the hand to an arm which connected to a torso, you saw that your assistant was none other than Harry Potter. He was smiling softly at you, waiting for you to take the pages from him, as though accepting his help was a big deal.