Draco - Love Story

Love Story

Request for MeganChiang

"Could you please write a Draco x anxious! Reader? Many many thanks."

Request for Kyo-Chi

"Could you please do a Draco x childhood friend reader, where she gets sorted into hufflepuff but they are still BFFs, even though she's befriended with the golden Trio without them knowing that Draco and her are BFFs. And Draco having a crush on her since they first met as kids so he gets a bit jealous when she spends a little bit to much time with Harry and Co. Only if you have some time of course. Just ignore this if you're too busy."

Draco had always been there. Since the day you met, the blond was by your side, keeping you company and making you smile. He was your rock, the only person who could bring you out of your shell and make you feel comfortable in your own skin. You'd always been shy and awkward, and when you both started school, your anxiety kicked in. You preferred to hide in the background, whereas your best friend was open and outgoing. Draco helped you to meet new people, and should anyone dare tease your shyness, the blond was ready and willing to defend you by any means necessary.

When you were sorted into Hufflepuff, you worried that your friendship with Draco would come to an end. You knew how strict his father was - being a pureblood Slytherin was everything. Nothing else mattered.

But as you sat on your stool and listened to the Sorting Hat shout out your house, Draco smiled up at you, clapping and cheering because he knew in his heart that you were meant to be a Hufflepuff.

Over the next few years, as puberty came into focus, you began harboring a crush on your childhood friend. You thought it futile and never mentioned it. You knew how Lucius was raising Draco - the boy would be disowned if he fell for someone outside of Slytherin. You were only allowed to be friends as children because you were a pureblood.

Draco was your best friend. He would always be your best friend. But you wanted more than that, and you knew there was no way you'd be able to live watching him fall in love with anyone else.

Unbeknownst to you, Draco was in the same boat. He watched as you befriended Harry and his comrades, and his blood boiled. But this time, it had nothing to do with his petty hatred of the Chosen One. A distinct, unfamiliar twinge stabbed his heart every time he saw you chatting and giggling with the Golden Trio.

Jealousy.

Draco had hoped against hope that you would be sorted into Slytherin with him. He didn't think it was the place for you, but he wanted you to be close to him always. How was he supposed to make a move when you were in another house - a house that he wasn't even allowed to fraternize with unless he wanted to invoke the wrath of his father?

The blond had been crushing on you since you were children. When you started school, he assumed the tingly sensation would fade away, believing it to be a silly childhood crush. But instead it grew stronger, to the point that every time you were around, he was certain you could hear how hard his heart pounded.

The annual visit to Hogsmeade Village was approaching. Everyone had gotten their permission slips signed, and your friends were already partnering up. Harry had already asked Ginny to spend the trip by his side, and Hermione was growing impatient with Ron's lack of asking her.