Ron - Speak Now

Speak Now
Request for HopeARockStar
A/N: Just a reminder that the reader won't have a name.
"I wanted to ask if you could do a Ron weasly x hope. I understand if you can't seeing as these are really popular. If you could could you make it in sixth year and I'm upset about Ron and lavader going out and I become depressed. But Harry shoves it in rons face that I'm not happy and make it just adorable."

You sat in the Gryffindor common room with your friends, plopped on a couch between Hermione and Ginny. The boys were on another couch, discussing the girls they fancied and who they were going to ask to accompany them on the upcoming Hogsmeade trip. Neither you nor your two best friends had been asked, so you were planning to go as a group.
"Hey, Ron!" Seamus called. "Who are you taking to Hogsmeade?"
The redheaded boy blushed. "Lavender Brown."
The boys cheered, proud of their friend for finding a date.
"When did you ask her out?" Dean inquired.
"Yesterday," Ron grinned. "I asked her right after the Quidditch game. She told me she can't resist my uniform."
More cheers followed his response.
"You've got her in the palm of your hand!"
"That girl practically worships you!"
Your heart fell to the pit of your stomach at the news. Not only did Ron have a date, but the entire common room was cheering him on. You didn't have a chance.
Hermione turned to you with a sympathetic expression. She knew of the crush you'd been harboring on the second youngest Weasley, and she knew that learning of his date plans was crushing your heart.
Without a word, you rose from the couch and shuffled out of the common room. Only Hermione and Ginny noticed your leave - the boys were too busy laughing and comparing their dates.

"I know how you feel," Ginny said, following you to your shared room.
"Harry didn't ask you?" you guessed, sitting on your bed and staring at your lap.
She shook her head. "He's going with Cho. It was silly of me to think he would choose me."
"Me too," you sighed.
Hermione shook her head. She didn't understand completely, seeing as she was more focused on her studies than finding a date, but she knew how strongly the two of you felt about Ron and Harry, and she felt bad seeing you suffer.
"Forget about them," she sighed. "We can have fun this weekend."
You opted for going to bed, not being in the mood to talk anymore.

When the trip came around, you joined the group alongside Ginny and Hermione. Your gaze wandered around the group, trying to avoid Ron and the squealing girl that was hanging all over him.
You nearly ran past him, wanting to get away from Ron and Harry and the rest of your house mates. You just wanted to enjoy the trip through Hogsmeade without thinking of your unrequited feelings.
"Is (y/n) okay?" Harry inquired, turning to Hermione.
The brunette shook her head. "Can you keep a secret?"
Harry nodded.
"She's had feelings for Ron for a long time," she whispered.
"Why did she never tell him?" he wondered.
"She didn't think he was interested, and now that Lavender is all he talks about, she doesn't think he ever will be."
"Ron likes (y/n)," Harry informed her. "But he didn't think he had a shot, and Lavender wouldn't stop asking him out until he agreed."
Hermione groaned. "(Y/n) has to know about that!"
"So does Ron," Harry sighed. "I'll talk to him."
"You're sure he likes her?" Hermione challenged. "I don't want to get her hopes up if you're wrong."
Harry nodded. "I'm sure."
"Let's go then."

"Hey, Lavender," Hermione greeted with strained kindness. "I want to show you something."
Lavender pouted at being pulled away from Ron, but Hermione tugging at her arm was too insistent, and she followed the brunette.
Harry pulled Ron aside. "You have to break up with Lavender."
"The only girl in school who fancies me?" Ron replied. "No way, man!"
"Listen," the brunet sighed, gripping his friend's shoulders. "(Y/n) is in love with you. She wanted you to ask her out this weekend, but now she thinks you're with Lavender and that you have no interest in her."
"(Y/n)... likes me? How do you know?" Ron questioned.
"Hermione."
The redhead understood immediately. He found where Hermione had been distracting Lavender and thanked her profusely before asking to be alone with his date.

"How's it going?" Hermione asked Harry.
"He said he would fix things," Harry replied. "I just hope Lavender takes it well."
Just then, Lavender stormed away from Ron, screaming and clenching her fists. She pushed through the crowd of students, leaving several eyes staring after her in confusion.
Hermione pointed to the shop you had just entered and Ron nodded, running after you.

"(Y/n)!" Ron's voice called after you. You turned on your heel in confusion, turning to see him running up to you.
"Ron?" you questioned. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you with Lavender?"
"I broke up with her," he replied.
"Why? She's infatuated with you."
"But she doesn't love me," he murmured. "And I don't love her." His hands slid down your arms to hold your own, lacing his fingers with yours.
"Why are you telling me this?"
He leaned in, brushing his lips over yours. You melted against him as he tilted his head to kiss you properly.
"I love you, (y/n). I'm sorry I've been a moron and didn't tell you sooner. I didn't think someone as beautiful and sweet as you would ever be interested in me."
"I didn't think I had a chance," you countered, "after listening to you talk about Lavender."
He shook his head. "I only went with her because she wouldn't stop asking, and I thought she was the only person interested in me."
"Well, she isn't," you murmured.
He chuckled. "Do you think you can forgive me enough to go out with me?"
A smile forced its way onto your lips. "What did you have in mind?"
"How about I start by spending the rest of this trip escorting the most beautiful girl at Hogwarts around Hogsmeade?" He bowed and offered you his arm.
You let out a giggle. "That sounds perfect." You wrapped your arm around his, smiling up at him as he followed you through all of your favorite shops.