Harry - Lady Love

Lady Love

A/N: Decided to try and combine these, because they're the only two requests that don't have conflicting plots so I can combine them.

This was a little weird for me to write, because I don't think I could date someone shorter than me (it would just be weird for me), but it was so much fun because it's not a trope that gets much love!

And just to clear it up because I still get hotheaded idiots arguing about it, I write FROM THE MOVIES, not the books, so Harry has BROWN FUCKING HAIR and BLUE FUCKING EYES.

For MadlyHandsome

"Hello! Could I request a Harry x Reader where the reader is taller than him and she's really self conscious about it but that doesn't stop her from having her feelings? Make it any way you want because oh my goodness you're super talented and your style of writing is amazing!!"

Request for Chara The Human

"Harry x reader. , can the reader be Dumpledore's great granddaughter? ( same age as golden trio)Please and Thank You."

You'd always been tall for your age, ever since you hit puberty during your third year at Hogwarts. You'd had a couple of years to establish relationships with your friends, so by the time your growth spurt hit, they were on your side, ready to defend you.

And, really - being the great granddaughter of Dumbledore himself, it wasn't a surprise that you gained some extra height.

Now in your sixth year, you stood at five feet, nine inches tall. You didn't mind being the one to reach the books and equipment from the top shelf. Really, there was only one disturbance that came with your height.

The boy you had a massive crush on was about four inches shorter than you.

You sat with your friends at the Gryffindor table, chatting about anything and everything. Valentine's Day was soon arriving, so all of the girls were gushing about their crushes and guys were teasing one another about who they fancied.

"So, who are you crushing on, (Y/n)?" Ginny inquired, sipping her pumpkin juice.

A blush danced across the bridge of your nose and swell of your cheeks as you stared at her, the question catching you off guard. "Who am I... What? No one."

Ginny smirked. "Oh, you are too! I can tell."

"He'd have to be pretty tall," Ron snickered.

"Aye," Seamus agreed. "A giant, I reckon."

The boys chuckled at each other's jokes, unaware of the crestfallen expression now staining your features. Your gaze fell down to the table and your appetite spontaneously evaporated.

What if they were right? What if no guy was interested in dating a taller girl? A sigh escaped your lips, and without another word, you rose from the table and shuffled out of the Great Hall.

Besides your friends, one person watched you go and was saddened by your departure. One brunet with baby blue eyes that stared after you as you sauntered away.