Ron - It's a Date

It's a Date
Request for Melody Potter
"Can you do more Ron x readers, please? I loved the chapter btw."

You were kind for a Slytherin – one of the nicest, in fact. People always expected you to be a spoiled snob like Malfoy and Parkinson, though they rarely gave you the chance to prove them wrong. The Sorting Hat had had some trouble determining your true House. You hadn't cared one way or the other. You would get a stereotyped reputation no matter which House you were in, and you had learned to not care what other people thought of you until they truly got to know you. You were tied between Hufflepuff and Slytherin, your good-heartedness making you lean towards the former. But your cunning mind and love of outwitting people landed you in the home of green and silver, and there you stayed.
You had a few friends within your House and in other Houses. You avoided most of the Slytherins simply because they did live up to the stereotype of being snobby and spoiled and judgmental. You didn't want to be thought of that way, especially since hardly anyone gave you a chance to show the real you. Your roommate Anna was your best friend, and the other very kind Slytherin. She had almost been a Gryffindor for her fierce loyalty, but her love of trickery sent her to Slytherin.
You had quickly befriended Luna Lovegood of Ravenclaw. She didn't care about stereotypes or bloodlines, so she accepted you in your green-and-silver tie and that was that. You wanted very much to be friends with the Golden trio, but one look at you had them cautiously watching, waiting for you to jinx them or call Hermione a mudblood. You would never, of course, but they didn't know that. You never admitted it to anyone- because, really, what good would it do if you did?- but you'd been harboring a crush on the redheaded member of the Golden Trio. Something about him attracted you like a moth to a flame, but you kept your distance, not wanting to make them uncomfortable.

A few months into your first year, you learned that Snape loved changing who he partnered up for Potions class. Everyone knew he had a soft spot for all Slytherins, but he didn't always pair them together. He would sometimes pair two very bad students together, or pair a very bad student with a very good student. He changed the pairs for every new assignment. Some thought he was testing their skill and cooperation; others thought he was just sadistic and liked watching them squirm.
You had been partnered with a lot of different people throughout your years of Potions classes, but never a Gryffindor. Snape rarely partnered a Slytherin with a Gryffindor. You had been paired with many Slytherins, a few Hufflepuffs, and a couple of Ravenclaws (including Luna), but today he was pairing you with none other than Ron Weasley.
You tried not to take their looks of disgust personally. You reminded yourself that Malfoy had set a bad example and gave the entire Slytherin House a reputation for being snobby and nasty. You knew that's what Gryffindors expected from all green-and-silver-clad students, and you couldn't really blame them.
You also noticed the look of excitement and encouragement on Luna's face, but when you saw the scowl on Hermione's your hope of befriending the Golden Trio quickly diminished.
Snape had also paired Harry Potter with Draco Malfoy, and that was just fun to watch.
You moved to stand beside Ron, trying to ignore his rolling eyes and exasperated sigh. You looked to Luna, who was partnered with a relatively happy Hermione, and let out a sigh of your own. You didn't stand much of a chance, did you? Your crush on the redheaded boy was hopeless. You were a Slytherin, and you were therefore scum.
He wouldn't admit it, but Ron was impressed by your Potions knowledge. He assumed Snape always gave Slytherins full credit, regardless of their classwork, but you proved that you worked for your scores. You didn't notice the soft smile on his face as he watched you work. You didn't know how cute he thought it was that you nibbled your lip when you were thinking. You didn't know how badly he wanted to reach out and brush behind your ear the strands of hair that had fallen loose from your braid.
He mentally cursed himself. What was he thinking, falling for a Slytherin? They were all rude and stuck-up. But... you had never exhibited such behavior. If anything, you were nice. Well, that was silly, wasn't it? A nice Slytherin? He thought it over as he watched you work, effectively earning a book to the head from Snape for "not paying attention." You let out a soft giggle, which caused Ron's cheeks to heat up. Even if it hadn't been intentional, he liked making you smile.
When Snape dismissed class, yours and Ron's potion had been the most successful one. Ron beamed. He had never gotten perfect marks in Snape's class before. He had half a mind to ask you to tutor him, but he didn't think you would accept.
You gathered your things and rushed for the door, unable to stand the cold stares from the Gryffindors any longer. You were a very emotional Slytherin at times. You didn't hear Ron calling for you, or see the looks of surprise from everyone else that he did.

Ron found you in the library at the end of the day when classes were all done. He had searched all over campus for you, asking people where you had gone. Many didn't know, and some refused to tell. But he found Luna, and she was more than happy to send him your way.
"You're really smart," he greeted, causing you to gasp in surprise. You looked up and saw who it was before quickly picking up the book you'd dropped.
"Thanks," you replied simply.
"I had a question," he began awkwardly, running a hand through his hair. You tried not to stare at the muscles in his arm, peeking through his thin white shirt, or how cute he was with his hair tussled.
"Ask away," you allowed, sitting back down on the couch. He sat beside you, and you ignored how your heart raced.
"You're really good in Potions, and I'm... not. I get terrible marks. I was wondering if maybe you could help me?"
You slowly looked at him in surprise. "You want me... to tutor you?"
He nodded eagerly. "You're really smart. You're probably the only Slytherin that doesn't just buy their good marks. Please? I really need the help."
Your cheeks reddened slightly at the compliment. "Are you sure?" You gestured to yourself. "I am a Slytherin, after all."
"That doesn't matter," he replied, even surprising himself. "I know Gryffindors and Slytherins are supposed to hate each other. I always adhered to that. But you didn't react badly when we got paired together, and you didn't yell at me for getting distracted or make fun of me when I didn't know what to do. I like you, (y/n)... more than I probably should... and I want you to tutor me so I can have an excuse to see you and talk to you and spend time with you."
Your mouth fell agape at his impromptu confession. He took your surprise as rejection and lowered his head, preparing to leave.
"I'm sorry. I should have known better."
"No, Ron," you protested, pulling on his sleeve. He looked up at you with a hint of fear in his eyes.
"I like you too," you admitted. "More than I probably should. I've just seen the way your friends look at me, because of my House, so I thought I'd never have a chance."
He smiled and took your hand in his. "(y/n), can I take you on a study date? This Saturday after dinner? We could come in here. No one will be in the library on a Saturday night."
You nibbled your lip and nodded. "It's a date."