*Gray x Ice Dragon Slayer!Reader*

Start from the beginning

"Enough! Gray, you're fighting me. Now. Natsu can fight you later... well, as long as you're discharged from the hospital early enough." You commanded sternly, earning the same reaction that Erza often elicited as at times you could be as scary as her, however shifting your tone and expression to something more mischievous and troublesome whilst sassing Gray.

Of course that was the limit for the ice-make mage – what with both you and Natsu (both his best frenemies) provoking him – so he lunged for you. Given that you didn't want to have to spend yet another weekend repairing the entire hall, you turned heel and sprinted for the outside of the guild, turning a sharp corner to end up next to the Fairy Tail garden. You knew full well that if anything happened to the plants growing there then you'd be in deep, deep, trouble, but the cold feeling of a nearly-missed attack from a livid Gray was a more immediate problem.

Turning to face your opponent you found him to already have his fist in his palm as preparation for the next attack, as well as a large crowd already gathering a bit further back, with Cana manning her usual bets box, so with a sharp inhale you let your magic concentrate into your lungs to send out an un-announced ice dragon roar, the familiar chill of your magic searing over your body. The feeling was like that of a cold shower given that you had suddenly manifested ice from within your body, so consequently a wave of chills coursed through your veins, but to you it was an exciting and refreshing feeling as it marked the beginning of a good fight and training exercise to improve from.

Gray dodged the attack almost completely, with just his foot taking the hit, so as he landed back down, now more to your left, he sent a counterattack.

He's at a long-range distance, not in my direct line of fire and without immediate cover to run to. He'll send a fast-moving attack along a straight path for me, that much is obvious.

"Ice-make: Freeze Lancer!" The ice-make mage shouted, voice following the rapid approach of impaling ice-lances that shot towards you, exactly as you'd predicted.

He may be a good wizard, but you were an unfortunate match for Gray, as with a natural resistance to ice as well as the advantage that your magic didn't require any time to physically manifest the attack into being, you were (mostly) always one step ahead; with quick reflexes you leapt to the the right, keeping a mental image of both yours and Gray's positions in your mind to plan your next move accordingly. Knowing Gray, he wouldn't waste time in waiting to see if you were hit or not, so extending your arms outwards you sent another quick attack towards him.

"Ice dragon frozen jaw!" You shouted, forming a giant dragon-like mouth – one which very closely resembled your adoptive dragon mother – out of mobile ice and freezing magic particles, surrounding Gray with icy fangs before clamping down. With no hope of running Gray was forced to take the defence, creating himself a shield around his body and managing to hold it up successfully enough to avoid injury.

With the time Gray spent under a shield you were given the perfectly opportunity to take the lead, so by creating an ice pathway ahead of you in a crescent-moon shape leading to just behind your opponent, you started to skate at a quick speed in an arc, successfully vanishing from his sight for a fraction of a second. As you skated around, the wind whipped at your hair and clothes, whistling in your ears, and the usual adrenaline-filled thrill of a battle overcame your body, etching an excited smiled onto your face as your stomach flipped happily. You'd never admit it openly, but having Gray still fighting the last remains of your icy attack as you sped purposely around him with your sights locked made you feel very badass.