WEDLOCK-Chapter 1

Hello everyone.....this is my first story...And I am not a master in story telling with grammar and punctuation.... so sorry if you find many mistakes of it....give a read to the book......comments are welcome to improve my writing skill... And about the story...

The first few chapters may have some charter description.. Story develops as it moves..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much @arpslovestoread for accepting to edit and editing my story.
Editing credit to Aparana.

The story is not fully edited. First few chapters are edited and under slow editing process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER-1

KETU

"BYEEE GIRLLSSSS HAPPPYYY HOLIIDAYSS"I wave out to my gang of friends and walk towards my dad who is speaking with somebody on the phone. Upon seeing me approach, he unlocks the car and gestures for me to sit. I sit in the car and my dad started to drive, still talking on his phone. I sighed seeing it and he just chuckled knowing I don't like it and continued to talk.

My name is Ketika Krishnan. I am 19 years old and perusing M.B.B.S. I just finished writing my second year final exams. I am from an upper middle class family. My dad (Krishnan) is a professors in same university. My mom (Lakshmi) is a housewife. My brother (Varun) is doing his MBA in the USA. He is 22 years old. Our parents love both of us a lot, but since I am younger one, they care for me much more. Like when me and my brother fight, my father always supports me. I know that my brother is secretly jealous about me being the apple of my father's eye. Mom supports my brother only when he is right. Mostly she doesn't acknowledge our fights, as she knows that we will eventually turn it down if no one notices us. We are very close to each other and I miss him too much. I didn't get to see him in d past 6 months, but we FaceTime every day. I didn't get to chat with him for the past one month due to my exams. I would get time to speak with him once in a week or two. Oh my god! I miss him too much, and need to speak with him.

"Ketu" my dad snapped me out of my thoughts and asked me about my exams. I told him that I had done well. We kept talking till he pulled onto our drive way.

We live in a two bedroom flat, in the university quarters. It is a very friendly neighborhood to live in. I open our house door and enter inside. As I was slipping off my footwear, I heard a familiar voice greet me.

"Hiii ! Welcome!!" I turned towards the voice to see my brother.

"Hey brother!! What a surprise?!!" I squeal and hug him. My parents laughed at my reaction.

"Liked the surprise?" my brother asked me smirking cockily as we went to the leaving room and sat on the sofa.

Me-"loved it. I missed u."

Bro- "I missed u too"

Me-"Did you both know he was coming home?" I asked my parents.

Mom- "Yes, we knew" all of them were grinning at me. They started laughing at my expression on knowing that I was the only one not told. But its ok, I loved surprises.

Me-"okay brother, what is this sudden surprise for?"

Bro- "I missed my little sis so much. So I came here to surprise her."

mom-"seriously only ur sister and not us?" mom asked gesturing to herself and my dad. My brother was shocked and was unable to speak, like a cat had caught his tongue. Mom tried to keep a blank face, but she burst out laughing. All of us joined her laughter.