Chapter 35

I wait until Demi comes out of the bathroom. She looks at the test and up at me. "Well, what does it say?" I ask. Her eyes swell up in tears. She hugs me and I can hear her sniffling against my chest. I pat her head and she pulls away. "We're having a baby." She smiles and my heart feels like it fluttered a thousand pulses. I squeeze her tight and hear her laugh.

"You had me going there." I looked at the stick and saw the plus sign. "Wow. A baby, I can't believe it." She took my hand and lead me to the bedroom. She placed her hand on top of her stomach and I followed with my hand on top of hers. "I'm so excited. Are you?" She looked at me with those glistening brown eyes.

"More than anything in the world. I couldn't picture a more perfect family." She kissed my lips as I held her cheek. "This is going to be the perfect family, I can see it." Her lips were so sweet and every touch felt so passionate.

"You're so sexy when you talk like that."

"Like what?" She whispered into my lips.

"With passionate and hope. That energy you have to achieve something makes you even more attractive. You're beyond gorgeous." She smiles and kisses my lips again. Just then, someone rang the doorbell. I keep going but I hear the doorbell once again. "I should get that."

"No, I'll get." I say as I give her one last kiss and head for the door. I look through the peephole and see it was my sister. "Jordyn, what a pleasant surprise." I say sarcastically.

"Nice to see you too, Ryan."

"You couldn't have come at a better time. I wanted to ask you about something." She follows behind me and I lead her to the kitchen. "I wanted to know what your opinion was on.. Marriage." Jordyn looked at me with wide eyed.

"You're planning to tie the knot? Oh, Ryan. You really are in love."

"Shh, what do you think about it?"

"I think it's a great idea. I don't know about mom though."

"Who cares. It's what I want and I think it's the perfect time. Jordyn, Demi is having a baby."

"Whoa, Ryan slow down. First you want to marry the girl and now you're having a child. I'm really happy for you but aren't you moving too fast?"

"No, I don't. Out of everyone I'd never expect to have this conversation with you."

"I'm just playing my part."

"And what's that supposed to be? The sister that doesn't care about her brothers thoughts?"

"No. The oldest sister that cares about your decisions in life. I really am happy for you, but I don't want you to crash and burn."

"I appreciate the concern but I think I won't be crashing and burning any time soon." Just then Demi walked in.

"Hi Jordyn. Long time no see. Did Ryan tell you about the news?"

"He did. I'm really happy for you both. Have you thought about any names?" I looked at Demi. She shook her head no.

"I had so many names that I guess I forgot them all." That wasn't the reason she forgot. It was because she was too excited to even think.

    The next morning she told all of her family and friends and the morning after that, I decided to tell my family and friends. I even got a call from Kyle congratulating me. Demi and I sat home all day thinking about the baby's features. "Do you think it will be a boy or a girl?"

"I think it my be a girl." I replied.

"Are you saying that to make me feel better? I mean, I wouldn't mind a boy but that means two pigs I have to clean up after." I pinched her nose and she laughed that contagious laugh of hers.

"Apologize."

"Let go of my nose you bitch."

"You talkin' to me? I know you're not talkin' to me. I'm the one who's got your nose, chica." It always made her laugh when I spoke in Spanish.

"Okay, sorry." She giggled.

"If it is a girl I think it would have your features."

"I guess that makes sense. A girl will get her features from a guy." She laughed again.

"If it's a boy, I know he'll have your sweet brown eyes." She blushed.

"Well, I'm just glad Blanche finally decided to show up. Erica was crying about how she missed home. I hope she's okay now." I nodded and saw Momo chase his tail. Demi and I talked about baby names for the rest of the day.