Chapter 4

"Demi, come on we have to go now." I say. "Do you want me to go outside shirtless?" She asks. I don't answer. I just feel my face got hot from imagining her topless. Her perfect her body is, how much I want to feel her close to me. *Stop it Ryan* I hear in my thoughts. She walks into the living room tugging on her shirt. I didn't want to be late for the movie. We decided to just go out and have fun. The matinee began at 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. We arrived at the theater at 8:45 a.m., just enough time to see the trailers and get the best seats. The movie was something I was not interested in but Demi wanted to see it. It was about a woman who had lost all hope in humanity when suddenly she finds the man of her dreams. I found it really cliche but watching her eyes light up with interest brought a smile to my face. Her hand gripped mine tightly as we watched the movie. Her little sad faces and happy faces made me chuckle to myself.

    Every now and then, she would hit me on the arm without turning her head away from the screen. She was so enthralled by the film like a baby watching the television for the first time in her life. The movie finally ended two and a half hours later. We walk out the theater and the first thing I heard was, "You are such an ass." I laugh and look at her. "Why would you call me an ass?" I ask politely. "You laughed at me during the movie. You're lucky it wasn't a comedy or else you would've been dead on the floor." I couldn't stop smiling. Her laugh made me want to burst out laughing too. She took my hand and we walked to my car. On the way to the diner, I realized it was 11:24 a.m. We arrived and the area was not as crowded as I thought it would be. There was only about six people inside. Two old couples and one couple that seemed to be newlyweds with there two children. We took a seat in a booth near a window.

    We slid inside and looked at the menu. "What are you getting?" She asked, not moving her eyes from the menu. "I think I want the chocolate chip pancake special. What about you?" I asked. "I wanted the chocolate chip pancakes too, but I wanted mine from the kids menu." She said sheepishly. I flipped through the menu and reached the second to last page where I spotted the chocolate chip pancakes. The chocolate chips were melted in the pancake and they used the smallest chocolate chips to create eyes and a mouth. The nose was made with whip cream and there were large strawberries on the sides to represent the ears. All I did was laugh at the picture. She looked at me with a gasped expression. "You know, you have been laughing at me this whole morning so far." She said.

    "You make me laugh. I was actually looking at that too. Let's share the pancakes." I said. She nodded in agreement and bit her bottom lip while looking out the window. I watched her and looked at the dimple on her left cheek. "Can I be honest?" I asked. "Okay." She said turning to face me. "I think it's impossible for a person to be adorable and sexy at the same time but you can pull it off easily." I tell her with a smile. I could tell she liked the compliment because the bridge of her nose and part of her face turned pink. "Did you just call me sexy?" She asked. I looked down at the menu and looked up at her. "Actually I wanted to tell you something." I said. "Yeah?" She asked. "I actually--" but I was cut off by the waiter that was serving us today. "Did you guys decide what you want?" The waiter asked us with a very big grin. She was a dirty blonde with a soothing voice. She seemed to be the same age as Demi. Demi looked at her and I could see her face turning even more pink than it was before. Demi obviously was not going to answer the girl so I did. "Yeah, we'll have the kids special chocolate chip pancakes with a bacon and pepper omelet and for the drinks, I'll just have a Pepsi" I said with a smile. "What do you want Demi?" I asked. She snapped out of her trance and said she wanted a Pepsi too. When the waitress left, I looked at Demi with one raised eyebrow. "You okay there hot shot?" I asked. She smiled and didn't reply. I knew she liked the waitress and for some reason, I felt jealous.