Chapter 29

"What do you want for dinner? I was thinking about buritos but Erica likes tacos. Should I make those tacos with tortilla bread?" I watched as she got out all the ingredients. I paid her questions no mind. I listened to her beautiful singing as she began mixing the spices. Her dress swayed side to side as she moved from sink to cabinet getting pots and pans out.

    "So what do you think about the whole cuddle thing? How long would he want us to cuddle?"

"Ryan, I know that's not on your mind." She turns around to face me. "Look, it's not your fault that you didn't want to go harder. You just thought I couldn't handle it, but I can."

    "I'm still a little paranoid about it. I never thought of you as the rough type." She pulled up the top of her dress.

"You never thought of me as the 'rough type'?" I stood up and held her. I kissed her lips and she went back to cooking. Just then, I get a call from Erica's mother.

  "Hello?"

"Ryan. Thank God you picked up. I need you to go over to Jonathan's house for me."

"Who's house and why?"

"Jonathan is Erica's father but don't take her and don't tell Demi." I look over at Demi who was cooking and I take the call over to the bathroom.

   "I don't know about that. I don't hide things from Demi."

"Ryan, please. I think Jonathan is cheating on me and I need your help. If Demi asks just say you're going out to get some air or something okay?" I didn't know why but I agreed to her scheme.

"Okay Blanche, I'll do it. What's his address?" "Really? Oh thank you, thank you Ryan! You don't know how much this means to me." She tells me the address and I grab my car keys.

    "Where are you going?" Demi asks.

"Oh, I wanted to get some fresh air. Do you want anything from the store?"

"I think I have everything I need. Do you mind taking Momo for a walk?" She looks at the car keys in my hand.

"No I don't." I go upstairs and call for Momo. Momo runs down the stairs and I head out the door.

"Love you." I hear Demi say.

"Love you more." I say through the door. My heart was thumping. I didn't know why but something about what I was doing felt strange. I kept thinking to myself, you should have told her. She wouldn't have been upset. But it was too late. I look to the side and watch Momo stick his head out of the window. I pet him and come to a stop. I park my car a few blocks away from Jonathan's house. It was a good distance and I walked Momo.

    When I reached Jonathan's place, I peeped through the window and saw nothing. Momo ran in the back of the house and I chased after him.

"Momo stop!" I whisper. He stops but in the right place. I look through the window and see Jonathan with another woman in bed. The woman looked like a prostitute. I didn't mean it in a rude way but how I knew she was a prostitute was the leather skirt thrown on the floor, the ripped fishnet stockings and the handcuffs. She was locked to the bed, ass out and Jonathan was right there having sex with her. I stayed crouched and dialled Blanche's number. She picked up on the first ring.

"Did you find anything?"

"Blanche, I'm sorry to say that you were right. Jonathan is cheating on you with a prostitute."

"I knew he was a lying, no good son of a bitch!" Send me a picture!"

"I'm not taking a picture Blanche. It's bad enough you had me drive over here without Demi knowing."

"Send me the picture Ryan!"

"I'm not sending you a fucking picture Blanche!"

"Do it or I call him and tell him you're outside his house!" I had no choice.

"Fine! Jesus Christ!" I remained crouched and snapped a picture of Jonathan and the prostitute. I send the picture and get a message back.

"I owe you big time." It read. I run and Momo follows me back to the car. He sits in the passenger side and I press my forehead against the steering wheel. I let out a huge sigh and drive back home. I was gone for about an hour and a half and saw that the tacos were done.

"Demi?" I call. She enters wearing my pajama pants and a tank top.

"Where have you been? I got worried." I rub my hand on her tattooed arm and kiss her forehead.

"Sorry baby. I lost track of time. Momo is a runner." It wasn't technically a lie. I lost track of time because of the ridiculous thing Blanche wanted me to do and Momo ran to the car with me so, I was just stating facts.

"Well, I left your taco in the oven if you still want it. Come to bed whenever you're ready so we can cuddle." She said this while biting the corner of her lip and making circles on my chest. I kissed her juciy lips and held her chin. "I'll be right there baby."