Chapter 24

"What do you want for breakfast sweetie?" I hear Demi ask. I wake up to the sound of Demi clanking her kitchen utensils waiting for an answer from Erica. "I want smiley face chocolate chip pancakes and bacon and ham and eggs and toast!" She says moving in her seat.

"How about chocolate chip smiley pancakes with strawberries and some sausages?" Erica nods and sits patiently.

"Hey cuties." I say with a smile.

"Hi! Hi! Hi!" Erica responds. She sees the little puppy in my hand and goes bezerk.

"Can I pet him?" She asks with her hands clasped.

"Of course. Hey cutie, how about you go to the living room while I talk to Demi, okay?" Erica nods and walks off with Momo. When I know she is out of earshot, I whisper to Demi. "Hey, so abouy the whole Colton thing, how have you been?"

"I've been okay but I really don't want it to bother me a lot."

"Okay, that's good. Just remember I have two ears and they are both open if you need to talk." She smiles and kisses my lips. I hold her close and rub the outside of her jeans.

"Ryan, stop." She says giggling.

"Were you being serious about the sex thing? I just need to know."

Yes, Ryan I was being serious. Erica can't sit in a household where something like that is happening around her. It will scar her for life. We would be known as the auntie and uncle that scarred poor little Erica." Demi had a very good point. Erica was such a young child and to do that to her would be wrong but I knew I would have to give up. My body would crave hers and she knew that she would have to give in sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

     I watch as Demi makes her famous eggs and I could smell all the ingredients in the air. The wrapped around me nose like a soft blanket and swiftly to the little nose of Erica. How did I know this? She was already sitting at the table with Momo laying on a plate upside down. I pick him up turn him over.

    Momo still didn't know how to walk and he only attempted to bark a few days ago. He sat there with wet eyes and a wiggly nose. I pet him and continue to watch Demi cook. When she was finished cooking breakfast everyone ate and we immediately rushed to get to Erica's school and then to work. This routine was nonstop for a month and a half. A month and a half of nothing but taking care of this child. Don't get me wrong, I loved Erica. She made me feel like a real father. I wanted to take her to school and make her feel at home but I missed Demi. I missed the love we made and I knew she missed it too.