Chapter 6

"Don't look at me like that." She says. I look down at my trembling hands. "I.. I'm sorry Demi." I tell her. "I can't think like this anymore. I can't pretend that my feelings aren't there." She says. *Feelings? What feelings? Feelings for me?* I look back at her and her elbow is resting on the car door. Her hand pushing through her long and silky smooth blonde hair. "You had feelings for me?" I finally ask. She looks at me like she is about to cry. "I still have feelings for you, Ryan." She says in a whisper. "I can't keep acting like I don't. I just needed some time to think. I didn't want to leave you. I think, 'I wonder what Ryan's doing now'. I remember the times you held me when I felt down and I missed your touch. " I look at her with surprise. I could not move for that moment.

      My heart is thumping, my head is hurting and I could not explain the emotions I was feeling. I take the keys out of the ignition, I open my car door and walk to her side. I open the door and help her out. I close her door and lean her straight against the car. I wipe the tear off her cheek. I lean in and press my lips against hers. Our tongues push pass each other. I slowly pull away and rest my hand on her cheek. "From the moment I saw you Demi, I knew there was something special about you. It's okay if you're confused, because I am too. We can be confused together until something makes us think straight again. I never stopped having feelings for you Demi."       I couldn't believe what escaped out of my mouth. The words rolled out, they were unstoppable. I removed my hand from her face and took her hand into mine.

     We are about to walk into the store to buy the Aspirin until she stops me in my tracks. "I don't need it anymore." She says. I look at her and she gives me a slight grin. Even though it wasn't her bright, wide smiles, it was something that made me grin too. I open her side of the car and walk around.

     I drive her to her house and as she says goodbye, I take her hand "Wait, Demi." I say. She looks back and enters the car again. "I know this isn't the most appropriate time to ask but, I mean I have been trying to say it for 9 months." I say. "I would love to Ryan. What time tomorrow?" She says. "At least let me say it now." I tell her. She giggles and waits for the question. "Will you go out with me?" I ask. Saying it lifted a weight off my shoulders. "Yes Ryan. Anytime after 4:00 p.m. would be nice. I have to work." She replies with a sheepish grin.