Chapter 20

Demi looked so beautiful on our anniversary. We went out to dance and she suggested something very unexpected. "Paintball!" She said to me in an excited tone. "Are you sure? Paintball is a pretty brutal game and I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't get hurt, I promise." So like the good boyfriend I am, I took Demi to the Crusader indoor paintball arena. It was dark, too dark. I walked around looking for my victim.

    I grabbed my lover's hand and waited for her signal. She tapped me on my soldier and I quickly rolled to a huge plastic rock. I waved for her to come with me and she leaped behind the rock. I peak my head out behind the rock and heard something zip past me. I look at the wall and see glowing, neon light paint splattered on the wall. Shots were being fired.

    I watched as Demi hit a man in his testicles. He was bent over holding his groin, rocking back and forth like a child in his crib. She apologized about a million times which made me laugh hard. I pulled her dowm near me and tears were flowing from my eyes. "Stop laughing at me." She whispered. She couldn't help but laugh at herself too.

   She ran and shot a couple of more times until finally getting hit. The neon paint covered her shirt and she laid on the floor playing dead. *This girl is so crazy haha* I ran out and shot from my gun. A man hit me in my helmet and I dropped to the floor.

      After paintball, we went out to eat for dinner. It was a beautiful restaurant that had a pianist on the bottom floor and on the second floor, a harpist. The mix of the two instruments brought about an elegant melody. "Well beautiful, do you see why I said you shouldn't have played paintball?"

"Ryan, I'm a big girl. I can handle myself." She said smiling at me. She rubbed her shoulder and I could tell those paintballs hit her well. After finishing dinner, we went home and changed into something comfortable.

   Demi wore my pajama flannel and I wore the matching pajama pants. I watched her as she plopped down on the bed and extended her feet. I sat on the bed and rubbed her feet. I looked under her flannel and saw her pink cotton undies. "Eyes on the feet, Romeo." She said with a raised eyebrow. I laughed and continued to massage her feet. I slowly crawled up to her body and felt my lips against hers. "I almost forgot." I whispered.

    I walked past Momo, whom was sleeping in his little cotton bed. I grab a basket filled with rose petals and spread them along the body and over Demi's body. She picked up a petal and took in its sweet scent. I took my place on top of her body and kissed her gentle skin. "I love you." I whispered into her ear. She brushed the rose petal past my nose and kissed my lips. "I love you more."