EXTRA CHAPTER: Getting Kick-Out

One month after.

I was getting out of the gym, it was pretty late and the street in front of the gym was very dark. I started walking towards my car.

"Blake Cohen" someone said behind me. I turned around but I couldn't see his face "Remember me?" I recognized the think English accent from somewhere I just couldn't connect the dots "Let me remind you" two other people appeared and started punching me.

I defended myself but it was two to one and soon they got advantage of me. One of them held me while the other one hit me on the ribs, stomach, face and groin. Then the tall dude who I remembered from the fight with Alan, the one that asked if I knew how to fight gave me the last punch. That one left me a bit disoriented. 

As I could, I drove home. I didn't Ivan to see me or any of the guys really. They would start asking questions and I couldn't tell them I had fought a month ago for money. My rib hurt aggressively. I had to drive holding it. My lip was bleeding and I could feel my eye bulging. 

"Blake! what the heck?" Ivan was just getting home when I parked. I rolled my eyes and limped my way inside the house "Blake, I'm talking to you!" he shouted walking behind me to reach me. 

"I had a fight" I simply said and Ivan sighed. He opened the door and let me go through first. 

"Why now?" Ivan said closing the door. 

"Long story" I moved to look at him and it felt like something stabbed me "Ouch" I complained and held my side. Maybe I did have a broken rib.

"What?" Ivan seemed annoyed but concerned.

"It hurts" I said and walked to the stairs and sat down in the steps. Ivan stared at me.

"Blake, let's go to the ER" he said and I started shaking my head.

"I have some pain patches upstairs, I'll put a couple on" I tried to stand up but it hurt to much "fuck" I mumbled. 

"Let's go, Blake" he took my keys and helped me walk to the car. 

Once in the ER the doctors asked me if they should be worried or if the police should be involved but I told them no. They did X-rays and all the lab test possible until they diagnosed me with a contusion and a broken rib. They sent me home with pain killers. 

"You have to tell me who beat you up so bad" Ivan said on our way back to the house. I was very drowsy because of the medication they gave me in the hospital "Was it your dad?" he asked looking at me frowning. 

"No, it wasn't my dad" I said sighing "I got into one of those illegal fights a month ago, I didn't have money to pay for the trip to Punta Cana and I had to go" Ivan's face changed in seconds and I knew I was fucked "I won two out the three fights and I had to get out of there because some dudes wanted to beat me up" I changed positions because it was starting to hurt "I guess they couldn't find me before and decided to do it now" Ivan didn't say anything for the rest of the drive.  I was so fucked. 

When we got home Ivan asked us all to meet in the living room. I didn't know what could it be but I knew it had to be with me.

"Thank you guys for being here without any further notice" he started. He was very serious not a glimpse of sympathy in his face "I called you all here to inform you that since today, Blake Cohen stops being part of this fraternity and from the football team" everybody gasped including myself. I looked at Ivan but he avoided my eyes "It's a temporary expulsion that based on his behavior would be extended or reduced" he stood up "Blake, you have till tomorrow morning to leave the house, leaving behind your football gear and house jacket" He walked upstairs. 

I couldn't fight it. I deserved it. He warned me multiple times that if I got in another fight he would kick me out. I deserved this. Corey and Dallas asked what I did and what the hell happened to me but I didn't answer them. I went to my room to pack my stuff. I didn't have anywhere to go. This frat house was my only home since I got here. I didn't have any friends outside the frat house. Fuck.  Major fuck up. A knock on my door made me turn around. Ivan walked in. 

"I'm sorry, Blake but I have to follow the rules of the house with everybody" he sat on my bed "It's temporary, you'll be welcome back once I see you don't get in fights or bring the name of the house down" he stood up and squeezed my shoulder "I'm really sorry, man" I nodded. 

I packed all my stuff in the night, I couldn't sleep mostly because of the pain. Ivan gave a key for my room. I could leave some stuff inside and lock it. It'll be there once I came back. He was the only one who said goodbye to me in the morning.

"I'll see you around, Cohen" he said from the door of the house. I nodded walking towards my car with the bags full of my clothes and books. 

I drove around for a while thinking about what I could do. I thought about living in one of those cheap hotels but I just quit my job and I didn't have a lot of money on my account like to pay everyday for a room. I couldn't wait for a dorm to free or an apartment. I considered leaving in my car for a while. I could use the school bathrooms to brush my teeth and shower. 

I was driving around Tina's apartment and I thought about asking her for the favor. Would she agree? I parked in front of the building and got off the car. It felt so weird to be walking in there after what happened. She probably didn't want to see my face. I got to her floor with my heart beating fast in my chest. I knocked on her door and my heart stopped beating. I heard her screaming 'Coming' from inside. Her face when she opened the door was priceless. 

"Blake" she said every trace of emotion erasing from her face. 

"Hi Tina" I said with a smile. It hurt to see her. It hurt to see her and not be able to touch her. It hurt to remember that she hurt me. But it made me happy to see her. 

"What do you want?" she asked standing with her hands in her hips. 

"I need a place to stay" she laughed and closed the door on my face "Tina, listen, I fucked up with the frat house. Ivan kicked me out and I have no place to stay. I have no one else, please" she opened the door again and looked at me. 

"What did you do?" she asked letting me walk in. 

"I got involved with illegal fights" she gasped and covered her mouth with her hands "that's why I'm all beaten and why Ivan kicked me out" we were standing in her living room. She had decorated the house pretty nice; with cushions of multiple colors and a white rug. 

"You're so stupid, Blake" I smiled and didn't take as an insult "You can stay" I smiled but she didn't "but you can't be in the house while I'm here unless we're sleeping, of course" I nodded. 

I went downstairs to get my stuff and placed them in the spare room. Tina had locked herself in her room. I wanted to talk to her and cool things down. It still hurt but I had forgive her and I was open to talk to her again but she seemed mad still. From all the people that had hurt me she was the only one I had forgiven. And if she realized that we both did bad, then she would forgive and we could be together. But that would only happen in my dreams.