8: Aim, Point, Shoot

Saturday morning was a chilled one. Ivan didn't like to over work us so we mostly chilled in the house and then went for a quick warm up.

"We have to kick off with the right foot this year, guys!" Ivan started his usual pep talk while we had breakfast in the kitchen.

The only time we all came together is before a game. After that, it was almost impossible to have us all hanging out in the same spot and actually talking. I think it was just too much testosterone together.

***

Tina had liked my picture last night so that let me know she knew I was hanging out with other girls, even if I only did that for the sake of the picture.

We were playing a game that had no point, at the end I had to make her come back to me, it was all part of the bet. But being completely honest, I was kind of enjoying getting to know the hot headed Latina that Tina was. She was so stubborn and self-assured, she pissed me off and got under my skin too fast. The girl was no easy catch as I thought when I first met her.

Laying in bed, I had my poetry book open. As always, I was underlying the phrases I liked. Poetry was a big secret for me. Something no one knew. Sometimes I thought it was a gay hobby to have but, it's the twenty first century and we're under a feminist revolution which meant that nothing was too girly or too boyish.

***

The afternoon came before I expected and I found myself driving to the football field to meet with the team. Ivan was overly hyped so the whole team was a bit annoyed by his constant pep talks.

Ivan was gay. Something not a lot of people found okay but it really didn't interfere with his leadership. He was confident and very mature, he knew what he wanted and who he wanted to hang out with. He was not like the bunch of immature boys that he lived with. I considered myself mature to a certain point but I was not as sure about my future as Ivan.

"Listen up, boys!" Everybody turned their heads to Ivan "we have a great deal of responsibility in our hands. It is our pride to say we are a winning team. I want you all to show your 200% out there" he paused and looked at each of us "we have to bring our school's name higher than last season" everybody cheered "so, let's get out there and warm up" we all jogged out the showers into the field.

We fooled around for a bit. Everybody being careful not to sprain or over work the muscles. Ivan made us run around the campus and then we practiced some throws.

"Okay, everybody" Ivan shouted "go shower and relax, we'll be back at 7" everybody ran to the showers talking excitedly about tonight's game.

I showered first and ran off to the diner to have something to eat. Sheryl greeted me with a warm hug and asked me about Tina. After I told her things are cold she sat down next me and told me to chase after her if she really knocked off my boots. But has Tina knocked off my boots?

I ate and talked with Cheryl for a while before driving home and sleeping for a bit. 

Somehow my dreams were full of Tina which made me wake up in a bad mood. I doubted she would show up to the game and if she dared to bring Jack along. I was ready to punch the motherfucker.

I was preparing my bag when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in!" I shouted from my closet. I heard the door closing and popped my head out. It was Olive.

"Hey!" She said cheerfully. I smiled confused to see her there.

"Hey Olive, what's up?" I kept throwing looking for my gear inside the closet.

"Listen, I feel really bad for lying to Tina" I turned around to look at her. She switched her weight and looked around uncomfortable "I'm not saying I'm going to tell her but I don't like the things I'm hearing of her" she looked at me "there's no need for the nasty comments to spread around. She's a good girl" she looked at her hands "no need for her to get a bad reputation" she shrugged.

I walked over to her and hugged her. Olive was... wild and well known for her endless parties and wild spirits. I met her on my sophomore year and we almost hooked up.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure the comments quiet down" she nodded and let go of me.

"I'll see you tonight" she winked and walked out of my room. Tonight? Was she coming to the game?

***
We made our way to the football field on the big bus the university lent us for the season.

We were hyped and excited. Ready to  win this year's too.

We got there and jogged down to the lockers. We had an hour before the game, we just hung out in the lockers until the time came for us to go out.

The coach came in at this time and gave another, more rough, pep talk. He liked to swear a lot. So his pep talks usually included "motherfuckers" "pussies" and "fuckers. But he was a good coach.

I sat down in the farthest locker of the room. I loved being myself before big things. I could concentrate better this way.

"Okay, pussies" the coach came in again. I turned around to see him "we have a delay, the other team had a tire accident on their way here, game will start at 9" everybody groaned and complained but the coach shut them all up with a "oh, shut up, you ladies"

The tension in the room was palpable. Everybody was nervous now. The hype from earlier left and know everybody tried to channel their inner Tom Brady.

The door of the locker room opened again but this time I didn't turn around. The coach must be back to say something else.

I heard the guys whistling so a girl must've walked in. Still, not interested in that.

"Blake!" I heard Tina's voice shouting my name. I turned around surprised to see her there but not interested in anything that she had to say "you're such an asshole" I raised an eyebrow confused "how could you do that?" Was she mad about the picture or the kiss?

"What are you talking about, Tina?" I asked so confused by how this conversation was turning out to be "You were the one who fuc..." but she talked before I could finish.

"You are unbelievable, now you blame me" what the heck was this girl talking about "you go around with three different girls and expect me to be fine?" Three? What the heck was she talking about? I laughed and looked at her.

"Are you jealous, Tina?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Jealous of what? We didn't even had anything" she said looking at me with piercing eyes. I smirked.

"So, what you're fighting for?" I turned around again and opened the locker too hard for the weak material. The whole thing trembled.

And if the situation couldn't get anymore Floyd had to open his big mouth.

"Hey Tina, if Blake's done with you can I have my turn?" He laughed and went as far as to slapping her ass.

Motherfucker, I thought my fist closed tightly around the pads. If we didn't win, someone was going to have a very sour night.

***
We were losing. The mood of the team was on the ground. Ivan was the only one cheerful enough to try harder. We were 7 points down.

"Guys, we can do this" he started "we only have to readjust the technique" he always said the same thing.

The game started again and we tried and actually scored 2 points which only left us with 5 behind.

At the end, we ended up winning by 5 points. Everybody from the bleachers came down to the field to congratulate us. I saw Tina standing with Olive and Jason close to the exit.

"Aim" I licked my thumb "point" I licked my index finger "shoot" I shot at her "you're mine baby" I said smiling.

We drove back to the house and started the party. People packed the house tonight. I took a shower before going downstairs and by the time I got to the first floor Tina and her friends were already here.

I got a text as I walked down the stairs:

?: get Tina to have sex with you tonight. Picture for prove.

Fuck. I locked my phone and gulped looking down at the sea of people. Tonight was going to be rough.