20: Falling For You

We got to the house and I realized Tina's parents must have a lot of money. The house had two floors, it was all white and had big windows in the front. It had a garage with a silver Mercedes parked inside.

"Can we drive it?" I asked Tina as we took the things inside the house. She smiled nodding.

We settled in and had something to eat before driving to the airport. Tina let me drive the Mercedes and she took the 4runner. I loved how the car sounded, how smooth it felt to drive it, it was better than my Camaro and I loved my car.

The guys were there when we arrived. We greeted each other and they started bothering me about Tina and I being alone. We split for the drive home. Ivan, Jason and Olive left with Tina in the Mercedes while I had to drive the 4runner with Corey, Brett, Dallas, Sean and David.

"Drive safe" I told Tina kissing her forehead and getting inside the jeep.

On the way the guys bombarded me with questions about Tina. I lied and pretended that I was dominating the whole thing, when in reality I liked her more than I intended. They told me that Elias wasn't happy I wasn't sending proves and stuff. As long as that motherfucker didn't say a thing, we were cool.

We got home and everybody started picking their rooms and walking around the house. Tina had chosen her room already and I made sure to choose the one that was closer to her. After that, Tina started getting the dinner out with Olive and Jason helping her.

I was in the backyard with the boys, they already had the music on and the alcohol out.

"So, Blake... have finally done it with Tina?" Dallas asked with a smile. The rest of the guys stared at me. I smiled and took a swing from the beer I had in my hand.

"What do you think!?" I lied, trying to sound as proud and confident as possible. They all cheered.

I took another swing and looked up finding Tina staring at me from the kitchen window. I winked at her and threw her a kiss.

I don't know what made me decide to ignore the bet and focus on what I was feeling for her but for the rest of the time we had together, I'll act as if I was actually dating Tina and just for a moment feel like she really belonged to me.

We did a barbecue in the patio. Tina arranged the table with the plates and drinks while Corey and I dealt with meat and vegetables.

"Coming!" I shouted walking towards the table with the heavy plate of ribs. I placed it on the middle and walked back to the barbecue.

Tina sat down in one of the chairs close to the barbecue with a beer in hand. She looked tired and worried. I walked towards her.

"Everything's okay?" I asked her and she looked up and smiled.

"Yeah, everything it's fine" she affirmed nodding and looking down. She stood up and walked towards the table. An uneasy feeling fell on me.

Over dinner we discussed what we were going to do tonight. Tina proposed going to a famous disco in Punta Cana. Everybody agreed and settled for going for a quick visit around town and then the disco.

Tina and I were sitting opposite to each other, the situation gave me the opportunity to look at her indirectly. Something about her attitude was concerning. What of she knew about the bet? What if she suspected something was going on? I didn't want to hurt her, God, I wish I could turn back time and decline this stupid bet. But the damage was done and I was already too deep into the water to try to swim out.

We chilled by the pool after dinner. Tina was still a bit absent minded so I tried my best to cheer her up by doing random acts of affection like going to her and kissing her out of the sudden, something that would turn her all red. But still, she seemed very far away.