5: Sharing Beds

I slept the whole morning only to be woken up by the voice of my lovely father screaming on the phone what a good for nothing I was.

I jumped out of bed, already on a bad mood and took a shower.

I wondered if my life would be any different with my mom around. She left when I was little because she "couldn't stand my dad" but she made sure to take my two brothers with her. Something I always questioned was, if I was her son too, why would she leave me here with the man who SHE can't stand?

Sadly, I never got an answer to any of those questions. My mom had no way of communication with me, mostly because she was too afraid my dad would find her, wherever the hell she  is.

I walked out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around my waist.

"Blake!" Corey said behind me. I turned around to find him in his underwear, fresh out of bed.

"Sup' Corey?" I said. He smiled proudly and half hugged me.

"I fucked the brain out of Dawn last night" he said proudly looking at me and expecting me to congratulate him "after you left her upstairs she came down and started, practically begging everybody to fuck her" I nodded and walked inside my room.

When you share the house with 19 men you kind of get used to the talks and brags about what girl or how many girls they fucked.

I text Tina letting her know I was on my way to pick her up to have lunch. We met on the Cafeteria and I was feeling my best today.

"Hi" she greeted me with a shy smile.

"Hi gorgeous" I replied looking at her cheeks burning "ready?" I asked and she looked at me confused "We're having lunch" I offered her my hand and she took it.

I took her to my favorite diner. A place where I've only been with one other girl. Cheryl greeted me with a smile and raised her eyebrows when she saw Tina. I felt my cheeks turning red.

We sat down in one of the booths and I looked at Tina while she looked around, studying the place with her eyes.

"I didn't know about this place" she commented. I smiled and tried to hide my embarrassment with my hands.

"Nobody does" I paused . Why am I so nervous? "And the people who do, don't say anything" Cheryl came to the table interrupting our conversation.

"Hi Blake" she greeted me with the same welcoming smile as always "hi beautiful" she greeted Tina making her blush "what can I get for you today?"

"I will have the vanilla milkshake and Tina...?" Blake looked at me "what do you want?" Tina turned red.

"Chocolate milkshake" She said quickly her cheeks still red.

"All right, two milkshakes coming up!" Cher said smiling and slowly turning away added "have your orders ready for when I come with the milkshakes" she winked at Tina.

"So... why is this place so secret?" She asked while her fingers played with the napkins. It was kind hypnotizing to see her fingers moving so gracefully with the napkins. I was so lost into her art I forgot to answer her.

"Because... it is the best place to come and have a little breakfast, lunch, dinner or anything, doesn't matter the time, it's always warm and familiar. There's no people talking loudly or making out... and Janice is the beat cooker," I pointed to the little window behind the coffee bar to the little window where you could see Janice cooking and singing.

"It's very nice" she said looking around again.

Cheryl came with the milkshakes and we both ordered. I went for something vegan and Tina went for Turkey.

"Vegan?" She asked raising her eyebrow and smiling.

"No, but I like vegan stuff" I chuckled and shrugged. She did a flower out of napkins and threw it at me. How the hell did she do it? "Who taught you to do this?" I asked moving the lily in front of her eyes.

"My mom" she said smiling. I put the lily down and looked at her.

"Tell me about your parents" I don't know what made me ask her about her parents but suddenly I wanted to know everything about her.

"My parents..." she started "my mom is Marcella, she's from Dominican Republic and my dad is Tom, he's from New York," she said with a smile.

We talked about her parents for a couple of minutes and I was thankful she didn't ask me about mines. Because the motherfuckers I got for parents suck at being exactly what they are meant to be, parents.

Tina told me her parents were still together after 25 years and I just couldn't believe it was possible to be with someone for that long.

"You want something like..." I started but Cheryl cut me off. I think it was for the best, because the cheesy line I had prepared next would've made Tina more curious about me.

We ate without talking and after finishing our milkshakes, Cheryl came and I asked for the check. After paying, we drove to the house in silence.

Tina seemed lost in thought just like me. And it made me wonder, if perhaps she was thinking about me for a second.

We went straight to my bedroom and almost immediately I fell asleep. I felt Tina's body moving on the bed and I knew she was laying next to me.

****

We woke up around 10 both confused and a bit lost. Tina tried to go but I held her closed to me, the smell of her hair invading my nose and imprinting in my brain.

At 4 am I drove her to her dorm.

"Thanks for having lunch with me and for sleeping with me" he said with a cocky smile.

"Don't say that out loud or everyone will think we did it" she joked.

"Wouldn't be such a bad thing, would it?" I smirked and she rolled her eyes. She got off the car and rolling down my window I screamed "you have a good round ass, Tina" I paused "and I loved sharing my bed with you" I let out a laugh and drove off.

This bet was turning out to be funnier than I thought.