EXTRA CHAPTER: Wedding Bells

Seven years after.

The morning came sooner than I expected. I looked out the window of the hotel room and stared at the park on the corner. The sun was shining hard on the ground.

I took the cover off and walked towards the window to close the curtains. I took my phone from the nightstand and looked through my emails. My secretary sure knew how to keep that inbox empty.

I ordered room service and while I waited I showered. I had to go down to the store and buy a suit because I didn't have one "wedding" worth. The food arrived when I got out of the shower.

"Good morning, sir" the room service guy walked in strolling the food trolley.

"Morning" I said eying the plates. It smelled absolutely delicious "thank you" I said handing him a $10. He nodded and left quietly.

I sat down on the bed and started eating. Everything was delicious, specially the smoked salmon with poached eggs.

After breakfast I changed and went to Nordstrom that was the closest store. I walked around for a while until a employee came and helped me choose a suit.

The girl couldn't choose between white or gray shirt. I finally decided for the white. She chose the shoes and a bow tie.

"Thanks" I said with a wink. She nodded smiling widely.

I walked around for a while and got a coffee in Starbucks. My secretary called when I was walking inside the hotel.

"Hello Cinthia" I greeted her walking towards the elevator. There was a girl waiting for the elevator when I got there. I nodded at her as a greeting.

"Mr. Cohen, the company we recently contacted has answered, they're interested in investing in your project" she said with her usual 'work' voice.

"Perfect! Thank you, Cinthia" the doors of the elevator opened and me and the girl walked inside "keep me updated" I said and hung up.

The doors opened again on my floor and I walked out.

"Have a nice day!" I said walking out of the elevator.

I took the shirt and suit jacket out of the bag and hung it on the closet. I took the pants out and looked on the directory for a dry cleaning service. I called for it and in five minutes a girl came to pick up the suit.

"For 3, please" I said and the girl nodded.

The wedding invitation came as a surprise. I didn't know they were together or with plans of getting married. We haven't been in touch in so long. I didn't think they would think of inviting me.

I stayed in bed for the rest of the morning, watching the news and a little bit of sports. I've promised to not work while I was away for the weekend.

I went down to eat at the buffet and saw that girl again. I felt like knew her but I couldn't bring her name into my mind.

After lunch I went to my room and changed into a bathing suit and walked down to the pool. I laid down in chaise lounge and ordered rum and coke. I had a poetry book with me and I read for a while on the sun.

"Blake?" the girl from earlier was standing in front of me with a drink in her hand a smile.

"Yeah?" I said still not figuring out her name. Her smile grew bigger and she sat down at the bottom of the chaise lounge.

"We used to go to college together" she said and I nodded but still couldn't figure out her name "Katerina, does it ring a bell?" I nodded remembering her now.