7: Pose for the Picture

I drove to the outsides of campus early in the morning. Mostly to avoid the comments of my frat brothers and the whole deal with Tina. I was almost certain they were ready to start with the nasty comments about how Jack, once again took my girl. 

The whole deal with Jack started on my freshman year of college. Jack was the coolest in the whole university because he had a lot of money and he threw amazing parties. Of course, young, stupid, naive me wanted to hang out with the "cool kids". Here's where things got messy; I met this adorable, innocent and gorgeous girl on orientation week. We hit it off pretty quick and by our second semester, we were already dating. 

Jack had always been a loner, he had no known girls and nobody, not even girls, talked about his hook ups. He was always very mysterious and secretive, something I admired and always aimed to be. 

One night, at one of Jack's endless parties, me and Lydia were dancing and enjoying the party. Lydia didn't drink or smoke, and if I was with her I would just have a couple beers. Jack was being extra friendly with us and even gave us the key to one of his guests rooms so we could "chill". He though me and Lydia were already doing it but Lydia wanted to wait until marriage and me, stupidly in love, agreed to wait for her. Lydia disappeared for half an hour and I started to get worried. She was usually by my side and if she ver got bored, she would sit down close to where I was talking about the only thing she didn't enjoy: football. I asked around but nobody had seen her. I felt like something wasn't adding up. Everybody seemed nervous when I approached and asked them. 

I went upstairs and walked down the hallway that lead to the bedrooms. I heard laughs and muffled voices coming from one of the doors. I pressed my ear against the door and the voices became clear.

"Jack!" it was Lydia's voice "Stop!" she laughed and I heard Jack's laugh too. 

"Come on, one more" he said and I heard Lydia's laugh again. Every second that passed my heart shook inside my chest. 

"Just one more time" Lydia said in a low voice. 

I opened the door and say Lydia on top of Jack, completely naked. It was the first time I was seeing her body naked. She never allowed me. Lydia jumped to the bed and screamed, covering her body with her hands. Jack smiled, the motherfucker smiled as he stood up from the bed. Before I could stop myself, I punched Jack on the face. My fist burned but I was ready to keep punching the motherfucker.

Lydia jumped out of the bed, crying and screaming, trying to collect her clothes from the floor while Jack and I fought. He punched me back and I felt the skin next to my eye opening. I punched him again but he dodged it and he took that as an advantage and punched me again, this time on the jaw. It burned and hurt but I had no time for that. I punched him again and it made him stop and regain his posture. 

Lydia fled outside the room once dressed, I heard her screaming for help. Minutes later, Ivan and two other guys came inside the room and stopped Jack from killing me. He had won space over me and was now on top of me, hitting me mercilessly and screaming things like "motherfucker", "pussy", "Son of a bitch"... Ivan drove me to the nearest hospital and stayed with me the whole night. I had a busted lip, cut cheek, broken nose  and dislocated jaw. The doctors didn't understand who could have hit me so hard. I got stitches on my cheek, my jaw was back in place but it hurt like hell to open it, they fixed my nose and gave my pain killers. 

For the rest of the year I focused only in football and my classes. I hid the fight from my dad and avoided any social event. I was hurt, both physically and mentally. I fucking trusted Lydia and she betrayed me like I was a bag of worthless shit. Someone who I admired showed what a motherfucker he truly was. My "friends", turned their back at me and went to Jack's side, just because he remained being the "cool" guy.