2: Late Night Conversations

After the long night I had, when my phone rang on my pocket for the hundredth time I knew I was going to get yelled at. I forcefully pulled it out as I took out my t-shirt.

"Hello?" I said and my voice sounded so low my dad was going to know I've been sleeping. My throat hurt like crazy too.

"Do you think this is the time when you're supposed to be waking up? Didn't I tell you to set an alarm for 6 am everyday? Do you really want to be in school?" my dad was yelling in the other line and every word was a stab to my brain.

"I'm sorry, dad" I apologized even though that wouldn't mean anything.

"I'm sorry is not going to get you a degree" he said harshly "come pick the damn papers up before I give it to some of the other interns" he angrily said hanging up.

I groaned loudly and took a clean shirt out of my closet and made my way downstairs. The house was a complete mess but the freshmen were already here cleaning. My frat brothers were still sleeping. I hopped on my car and turned it on, it was still hot since I just got back home.

I drove listening to music and trying to wake up. My dad was going to point out my outfit but at this point I was too tired and fed up to care.

I parked in the empty spot next to my dad big Lexus and hopped off. I strolled to the door and swiped my car at the sensor. It beeped and the door unlocked.

"Hello Blake" the receptionist greeted me with a smile. I smiled at her and kept walking to my dad's office.

I could hear him talking to someone as I walked down the long hallway. I saw the two guys exiting the office and I knew they were being yelled at because of their faces.

"He's not in a good mood" one of the guys announced. I nodded. As if I didn't know.

I knocked and waited for him to talk.

"Come in" I pushed the door open and the view of my dad gave me chills. He was in a very bad mood. The vein in his forehead was popping out and you could see his cheeks red.

"Good morning, dad" I greeted him and took a sit in front of him.

"Where's your tie?" he asked looking at me up and down with disgust "and what's up with this ripped jeans?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I got home and didn't have time to change" I shrugged and looked at the stack of papers sitting in front of my dad. He shook his head, disapprovingly.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you, Blake" he started "you seem fine for a couple of days and then you just go back and do something stupid" his voice started to raise "how many fucking times do I have to tell you that drinking and partying will not get you anywhere?" he looked at me.

"A hundredth times dad" I said with a bored tone "and I know, I wasn't out partying, I was on a date" I lied but this only made it worst.

"And you think a girl, knowing the good for nothing that you are, will stay with you?" he mocked and smiled proudly of his words "you better get your shit together before I cut your income" he said pointing at the stack of papers.

I had nothing to say, so I just got up and took the papers from his desk.

"When do you need this?" I asked avoiding his eyes.

"End of the week" he said looking at me "oh, and Blake?" I looked at him "make sure to look at all the legal implications" I nodded and exit the room.

I drove back home in silence. My dad has always been a motherfucker. Ever since my mom left with my two older brothers he made it his job to remind me what a good for nothing I was that not even my mom picked me. By this age, I was used to his harsh words but sometimes they really hit me there.