17: Cheer Up

Next morning, I had a piercing pain in the right side of my stomach. It almost fell as if my ribs were broken. I placed one of the soothing patches after showering. I took three pain killers and had a banana before leaving the house. I was avoiding being seen by one of my frat brothers.

I drove to the building where my exam was going to be. I stayed in the car studying until it was 8:30 and I saw my classmates walking inside. My mind was not concentrated on the laws I had to remember for this test. The only thing I could think about was that someone might recognize me from last night. That would definitely be the end of my football path.

I got out of the exam not too sure if I even put my name on the paper. I hopped on my car and drove to the diner. Cheryl was on her day off, I still stayed for lunch. I was tense and any little thing would make me jump. When the waitress brought my food, I jumped at the sound of her voice. She looked at me confused.

After lunch, I went home. The guys were in the living room when I walked in.

"Blake!" Daniel called me. I cursed under my breathe and turned around.

"What's up?" I asked faking a smile and sitting down in the empty couch across them. Corey, Daniel and Dallas looked at me suspiciously and then Corey spoke.

"Have you already done it with Tina?" I sighed but at the same time got angry. That was none of their motherfucking business but I guess I made it their business when I agreed to play on this bet.

"I might" I answered with a smile. I couldn't say no but I couldn't say yes either "I'm saving the last move for Punta Cana" they laughed agreeing "have you guys bought your tickets?" I asked to change to topic.

"Not yet, my parents are giving me a headache about it" Dallas complained. I nodded thinking about my father. If he knew I was going away he would kill me.

I left to my room after another the short talk with the guys. Once in my room, I took the patch off and looked at the big purple bruise on the skin of my ribs. I touched and flinched from the pain. fuck. I placed another patched and laid in bed.

A knock on my door made me jump. I must've fallen asleep. I got up and opened the door. It was Olive.

"Hey Blake" she greeted walking inside. I closed the door and turned to face her.

"How are you Olive?" I asked her sitting on my bed. She looked around and then her eyes focused on me.

"You look tired" I smiled and sighed. If only you knew. She looked at me suspiciously and then sat next to me.

"You're going to Punta Cana with us, right?" I asked her after we fell silent for a couple of minutes.

"No..." she seemed sad "I don't have the money" she sighed and looked at her hands on her laps.

"Don't worry about it, you're coming" I assured her. She shook her head no and looked at me.

"No way on Earth would I let you pay for my ticket" I laughed and dodge her with my shoulder playfully. She smiled.

"I'm not paying for you ticket" I said still smiling. I had an idea "the frat house will" I added and she looked at me confused.

"Anyways, I came here to tell you that Jessica has been talking you lately" she looked at me suspiciously. I gulped loudly, Jessica saw my last night "she said that you were a pussy and that you actually never fucked her" she continued. I sighed relieved.

"Then why did she go around saying I did?" we both laughed. Olive rested her head on my shoulder "I don't understand you sometimes" I said looking at the door.