18: Welcome to DR

The pain had moved to my upper back and now it hurt to breath. Maybe dancing wasn't such a good idea. I rolled out of bed with a groan and walked to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed quickly. I put two patches on this time. This pain had to go away somehow. 

I started packing for the trip to Punta Cana. I was leaving with Tina in a few hours and I had two test today, might as well leave somethings ready. 

I had breakfast in the cafeteria close to the house and then passed by the pharmacy to get more patches. I had to get through this pain somehow. 

My first exam was fairly easy and quick, the other one which was French I had no idea how I was going to do it. I went to the building earlier to see if I could find one of my classmates to study with. 

When the time for the exam came I was more confused than before. I did the best I could but I knew while I walked out the classroom that I might be forced to study more or to take it some other time. 

I went straight home and finished packing for the trip. I didn't think about packing condoms because even though I was going to be alone with Tina, it wasn't among my intentions to have sex with her. I closed the gray carry on and placed on the floor. 

"Fuck" I grunted because my back hurt when I carried the carry on. I sat down on the bed and placed my hand on the patch. 

The door opened and Ivan walked in. 

"Blake" he said and then saw where my hand was "what happened?" he asked looking at me. I looked to the floor and placed my hand in my lap "another fight, Blake?" he asked closing the door behind him. 

He sat down next to me and kept staring at me, waiting for me to say something. 

"It's nothing, I was practicing in the gym and got a little carried away" I said, shrugging and stood up walking to the closet and getting a t shirt out. 

"Blake, you know that if you have any problem you can count on me, right?" I nodded not able to look at him "anyways, Jason told me you're leaving with Tina tomorrow?" he asked and I looked up. He was smiling. 

"Yeah, I'm leaving with her" I answered smiling. I still didn't know how would I keep this lie up while we're alone. I mean, I liked Tina and by now, I liked her enough to do something stupid. 

"Be careful with her" Ivan said with a concerned tone "Jason loves her and I wouldn't like to lose Jason because of your bet" he made emphasis in 'your' like he wasn't there when they decided it. 

"I will" I answered with honesty. I didn't want to her Tina or Ivan or Jason. I didn't want anyone to get hurt but it was almost inevitable. 

Ivan left after our short talk. I felt awful for not telling him the truth but I knew that the moment he found out I was involved in a illegal fight, he would kick me out. The worst part was that I had nowhere to go, the moment I got kicked out of the house, I'll be by myself. I might just live in my car. I think is the only option left. 

My phone vibrated on the nightstand and I looked at it. It was a message from my bank letting me know that I had received a transfer of $1400 dollars from an unknown account. fuck. The money from the fight. 

***

I drove to Tina's place with an uneasy feeling on my chest. I did what I did for the money but now that I realized all the consequences I don't want the damn money. 

"Fuck" I murmured gripping the steering wheel tightly and looking at my phone on the seat next to me, almost as if it was some strange thing creeping on me.