Chapter 93: Not Being Able To Handle The Truth

The Next Day.....

Seth's POV:

It was the weekend so all the kids were at home. When Dean was here, we would take the whole family and go out for the day but we stopped ever since he left.

"TYLER!" I heard, bringing me out of my thoughts. I saw Baron catch him as he almost hit the floor. I didn't even realize he slipped out of my arms.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed as he handed Tyler back to me. "I'm so sorry Tyler."

"Are you okay Seth?" Baron asked.

"Thank you so much for catching him. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm having trouble focusing on the simplest of things and now it's affecting my kids." I said, running my hand through my hair. "I just don't know what to do."

"Look, I understand how you're feeling. You loved Dean but he's gone. Even though I found out what a disgusting person Cesaro was, before that, I really did love him and somehow deep down, I kinda still do. He's gone too and it still hurts sometimes. He gave me all the love in the world but what he did broke my heart. I never thought he would turn out to be...a rapist."

"I just wish I knew where he is or why he left."

"I know it hurts but...we'll get through it, together." he smiled, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks. I just hope he gets home soon."

"He will. I promise."

~~~~~~~~~

Two Hours Later.....

We all decided to go to Roman and Sasha's house for the day. It had been a while since we'd seen them and I was missing my niece. Sasha had a girl and they named her Sophia. She was beautiful and looked exactly like her parents. Roman was having a barbecue so we were all in the back yard. Luna and Colby were hanging out with RJ and Tyler was with Sophia in an outdoor crib.

"So, how have the kids been?" Sasha asked.

"They're still the same. They still haven't gotten over Dean leaving."

"Have you?"

"No." I said, looking down at my wedding ring. "I don't understand why Roman won't tell me what happened that day. He's the only one that knows."

"I tried to get it out of him too but he said it's too heartbreaking for you to take in."

"Oh god. He's not dead, is he?" I asked, panicking slightly.

"Dear god, no. I asked him that and he said Dean is very much alive."

"Wait, is Roman in contact with Dean?"

"He wouldn't tell me."

"Fuck, that means he is. He knows how Dean is. He knows where he is." I said, feeling more relieved. "Where's he now?"

"He went to the store to get some things. He'll be back soon."

"Umm, Aunt Sasha, do you have a bandage?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, what happened?" she asked.

"I cut my arm by the bushes."

"Oh my god, let me see." I said, jumping out of my seat and checking her arm.

"Dad, it's not that bad."

"Yes it is. Come here. I'll bandage your arm."

I took her inside and got the first aid kit out. I pulled out a bandage and wrapped her arm up.

"Dad, I could have done it myself, but thanks." she said. "Why did you freak like that?"

"I...I just....I can't lose anyone else. I already lost Dean...and I can't lose my kids too. I don't even have my parents anymore. You kids are all I have."

"Dad, you're never gonna lose us. We'll always stick together, no matter what." she smiled.

I smiled and gave her a hug. "Now, go."

She got up and went back outside. I saw the front door open and Roman walked in.

"Oh hey Seth." he smiled.

"Hey."

We all went into the back yard and Roman started the barbecue. When the food was made, we all ate together and after, I decided to ask Roman about Dean.

"Ummm...Roman. Do you....know where Dean is?" I asked, making him freeze.

"I...umm."

"Roman, if he's alright, then that's all I need to know. At least tell me if he's okay."

Roman looked down, saying nothing.

"Roman, please tell me. I'm his husband. I have a right to know about his well being."

"I'm sorry Seth but Dean told me not to tell you anything. He said you wouldn't be able to take it. He didn't wanna break your heart."

"How could it break my heart? Roman please tell me. I can't take this separation between us anymore. Tell me what's going on."

"Seth, I really can't. You're really not going to be able to take it. It's gonna break you Seth and I can't put you through that. If I tell you, it's gonna change everything. It'll change how your kids look at their father. It'll change how you look at Dean and I can't do that."

"Uncle Roman, please tell us." Luna said.

"I already look at that man a whole different way anyways." Colby grumbled. "It's not like what you say will change anything."

"Roman, please tell me. We're all suffering without him." I said.

"Seth, I already said I can't. If I tell you, it'll destroy everything."

"I will do anything you want Roman but please tell me. I can't live like this anymore. I can't live with the fear that something could have happened to him."

"Fine! You want the truth! Then hear it! Dean is married!" Roman yelled. "And not just to you! He's been married to Cesaro for the past fucking year!"

I was speechless. My husband was married to someone else. What was left of my whole world had crumbled beneath me.

"I'm sorry you had to hear it like this Seth but I said you wouldn't be able to take it. He's been married to Cesaro for the past year and I even got this."

Roman gave me a card that said, 'You are invited to the 1st wedding anniversary of Dean Ambrose and Cesaro Castagnoli.' (Apparently that's his real last name) 

"Okay....so this is....actually true." I muttered.

"Dad, are you okay?" Luna asked.

"Seth, I-"

"No, it's okay." I said, wiping my tears. "I'm just gonna go now."

"Seth." Roman trailed off as I walked out of the house with the kids.

When we got home, I put Tyler in his crib and sat down, trying to process what just happened.

"Dad, are you okay?" Colby asked me.

I looked at them both teary eyed. I took my wedding ring off and gave it to them.

"Take this and throw it away, burn it, do whatever you want with it but I don't wanna see it ever again." I said before rushing upstairs to my room. 

I sat down on my bed and saw a picture of Dean and I on our wedding day in a photo frame sitting on the bedside table. I picked it up and looked at it. That was one of the happiest days of my life but now, it's gone. It's all gone.

I suddenly felt angry and threw the frame to the other side of the room, making it hit the wall and causing it to break. I was then taken over in a wave of sadness as I broke into a sea of tears.