Chapter 11: The Moment

Seth's POV:

When school was over, I made my way home with Roman. I went up to my room and pulled out the little bit of paper Nikki gave me. Should I call her now or later?? I didn't want to seem desperate. I decided to call her later. I put my bag down and went to the kitchen to get a snack.

A few minutes later, Mr Ambrose walked through the door. I thought I should apologize for what Roman said to him earlier. 

"Um, Mr Ambrose??" I said, making him look at me.

"Yeah Seth??" 

"I'm really sorry for what Roman said to you. We were just messing about and when you asked us what I loved, he panicked and said my crush. I don't really have a crush on anyone. He kinda blurted that out." 

"It's okay Seth. It was kinda weird but it's fine." 

I smiled and grabbed my snack, making my way to my room. I felt like I was getting a lot more comfortable with Mr Ambrose. A month ago, I would've thought that was crazy. 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

A Few Hours Later....

I grabbed my phone and dialed Nikki's number. She picked up after three rings.

"Hello??"

"Hi Nikki. It's me, Seth."

"Oh hi Seth. I can't believe you actually called. Oh my god."

"Yeah, well, you did give me your number. I had to call you."

"I didn't really think one of the popular guys would actually talk to me though."

"How could I not?? You are beautiful and really nice."

"Stop making me blush Seth. You are honestly the nicest and hottest out of your friends though." 

"Are you trying to make me blush now??" 

"I might be." 

We both laughed and had lots of fun talking to each other. 

"So Nikki, there's a really nice restaurant downtown and I was wondering if you wanted to go there with me sometime."

"Oh my god!! Really??!!" 

"Yeah, what do you say??" 

"Yes, of course I will. When do you wanna go?"

"If you're not busy tomorrow night, we could go then."

"It's a date. I can't wait."

"I'll see you tomorrow Beautiful."

"See you Handsome."

I hung up and dropped onto my bed with a smile on my face. I couldn't wait until tomorrow. After about twenty minutes, I decided to go downstairs to get something to drink. When I got down there, I saw Mr Ambrose sitting in the living room, going through some papers.

"Hey Seth, everything okay?"

"Yeah, I was just grabbing something to drink." I said, heading to the fridge.

"Okay." he said, looking back down at his work. 

"Umm, is it okay if you tutor me today?? I really want to do well on this paper."

"Yeah, it's fine with me. I'm really glad you want to do well." he smiled, making me smile slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~

1 Hour Later.....

Again, I found myself staring at Mr Ambrose as he was showing me what to do. I didn't know why though. I couldn't stop looking at his amazing blue eyes. They caught me in a trance. I saw him turn to look at me so I quickly shifted my gaze to my work. 

I knew his eyes were on me which created butterflies in my stomach, something I had actually never actually experienced before and I had to admit, it was a really good feeling.

"So, do you understand what you need to do?" he asked me.

"Um...yeah, I get it now." I said, trying hard not to stutter or get nervous.

We were sitting so close to each other, our arms inches away from touching each other. I could feel my breathing getting heavier and heavier.

"Seth, are you okay?" Mr Ambrose asked.

"Yeah....I'm fine." I said. I didn't know what was happening to me. I felt myself jump slightly when I felt something warm on my hand. I looked to see Mr Ambrose's hand on mine.

I looked up and saw him smile at me as we stared into each others eyes. The butterflies in my stomach only got bigger. I saw him start to lean forward and weirdly, I felt myself leaning in too. After a few seconds, a felt a pair of soft lips on mine. I felt like I shouldn't be doing this but something in the back of my mind was telling me I should. I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he pulled me onto his lap, not breaking our kiss.I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer towards me. I felt sparks as we deepened the kiss. I was unfortunately starting to run out of breath so I had to pull away.