Chapter 92: Suffering In His Absence

Dean's POV:

"So, what do we do with this bastard?" I asked Roman.

"Do we call the cops?"

"No way. I ain't finished with him yet."

"You can't call the cops on me." Cesaro smirked.

"And why can't we?"

"I have my men everywhere. If you put me in jail, they will end your family."

"That's a whole load of bullshit." I spat.

"No it's not. You know Chad Gable, don't you?" he asked, making my eyes widen.

"How do you know him?" Roman asked.

"He was one of my men."

"Shit." I muttered.

"You're shocked. I get it. But you can't put me in jail. I have my men surrounding your family and you have no idea."

"If you hurt any of my family members, I will make your life a living hell." I said.

"You can't because I'm doing that to you." Cesaro smirked.

"What the hell do you want from all of this?" Roman asked.

"I'll tell you what I want."

~~~~~~~~~~

1 Year Later.....

It's been a year. A whole year since I last saw Dean. I had no idea what had happened. When Roman came back that evening, he came alone and with no explanation. I tried calling and texting Dean but I got no reply. I even went to Cesaro's house the next day but there was nobody there. It was like they dropped off the face of the earth. I never saw Dean or Cesaro again. 

My kids and I were suffering without him. Luna would cry herself to sleep every night, saying she missed her dad. Derek was staying with us, looking after Luna. Colby wouldn't talk to anyone for the first few months. He was a living ghost during the day but I could always hear him cry at night. I had to go through my entire pregnancy without him. Baron was also staying with us. He helped me a lot, especially with looking after my baby. Turns out, we had a boy and I named him Tyler. (Thanks AngelLGood) Dean always talked about how much he loved that name. He was a mixture of me and Dean. He had brown eyes and blond hair.

I fell into a major depression when I realized Dean wasn't coming back. It became so bad that I almost had a miscarriage. Luckily, I had my kids and Roman to get me through everything. Only Roman knew what had happened to Dean but he wouldn't tell me anything. I always kept my wedding ring on, hanging onto the fact that my Dean would return, no matter what. 

"Dad?" Luna said to me as I was feeding Tyler.

"You okay Angel?"

I saw tears grow in her eyes. "Does Dad hate me? Is that....why he left?"

"No, come here." I said as she sat down and gave me a hug. "He doesn't hate you. He could never hate you."

"Then why did he leave us? Because I got back with Derek? Is that why?"

"No. I have no idea why he left but I know he'll come back to us. I know he will."

"I miss him Dad. I miss him so much." she cried.

"I miss him too." I said with tears forming in my eyes. "Um...could you finish feeding your brother? I need to check on Colby."

She wiped her eyes and nodded, taking my three month old baby from me. I got up and went upstairs to Colby's room.

I went inside and saw him sitting on a chair near his desk, staring out his window.

"Is Dad ever gonna come back?" Colby said, still looking out the window.

"I...I don't know Colby." I muttered.

"Why don't you call me Squishy anymore Dad? Why don't you?" Colby said, looking at me teary eyed. "Everything has changed since he left. He left you whilst you were pregnant. What kind of man does that?"

"Colby-"

"Don't Dad! Don't try to defend that bastard!"

"Colby, this is your father you're talking about! Show some respect!"

"What respect?! What father?! I only have one father and that's you! No one else! I lost all respect for him the second I was convinced he wasn't coming back! Look at the state of our family. Look at the outcome of him leaving! He broke you Dad. You've become a totally different person. I don't remember the last time I saw a genuine smile on your face! I don't remember the last time I saw Luna genuinely happy! I mean for fuck sake, we almost lost Tyler because of him! All we did this year was cry over that bastard of a man that we knew wasn't coming back! He left us all here to fucking die without him and I'll never forgive him for that!"

I was taken aback by Colby's words. I was not expecting that from him.

"He ruined us Dad. He didn't care about us and....he never did." Colby muttered with a tear running down his face. I went over to him and gave him a hug as he cried on my shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry." I whispered. "I got so caught up over Dean leaving, I completely forgot I have kids to look after and how they might have been affected by all this."

"Why did he have to go?" Colby asked, pulling away. "Why did he leave us to suffer?"

"I don't know."

"Please call me Squishy Dad. I'm begging you."

"I thought you hated that name."

"I never did. I love it so much and I miss it. I miss you Dad. I miss your old self. I hate seeing you so depressed like this. You have no idea how much it hurts my heart to see you so broken down."

"I'm so sorry Squishy." I said, giving him another hug and kissing his head. "I'm so so sorry."