He's currently glaring at the man as Erik stares at you. You are in a black tunic dress that has small slits on the side with matching thigh high boots. You had complained of being hot and Shuri had dragged you off to change.

The dress

It hugs your curves softly and M'Baku is damn near ready to wrap you in his fur, you're too hot be damned

It hugs your curves softly and M'Baku is damn near ready to wrap you in his fur, you're too hot be damned. It's lunch and the group is sitting in the garden. You are between Shuri and Erik, talking with the teen about some man. Erik chimes in making you two laugh.

"You look ready to throttle Erik," T'Challa says softly.

"I am but I have no claim to Maha."

"Are you sure about that?"

M'Baku raised an eyebrow.

"Shuri said that when they were in the lab she would refer to someone as ncinci gorilla. Shuri suspects its you."

"I am not a little gorilla."

M'Baku pouts. So you do have someone.

A sound of laughter breaks his pout and he sees you running over to him. He opens his arms and catches you.

"Ncinci Gorilla! Erik is trying to tickle me!"

"She tickled me first!"

M'Baku blushes at the nickname before standing.

"Well, I guess I will have to tickle the little jaguar."

"Oh hell nah! T'Challa! This is a crime against a royal!"

"I have nothing to do with this."

Erik dashed off as M'Baku gives chase and you sit giggling as the two men play fight. Shuri is cheering for M'Baku.

"Oh come on! Someone show me some love!" Erik says, blocking a hit.

"You can do it Prince N'Jadaka."

Erik grins before suddenly pushing M'Baku back, claws at his neck.

"I yield!" He says.

Erik helps him up before walking over to you.

"What do I get for winning?"

"Well, Jabari custom says that if two men are fighting and one wins, the winner receives a kiss from a woman of his choice."

Erik gives his usual smirk and you laugh before kissing his cheek, making him wiggle his eyebrows.

M'Baku really doesn't like Erik.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
M'Baku gives you the cold shoulder and you are hurt but remember the words of your mother:
Don't chase after a man who shows he doesn't want you.

You are in an outfit that Shuri picked out: black shorts, a matching black top, sneakers, and a light, yet floor length, robe that is decorated with black and gold designs.

You are headed to the library. You enter and see all three men talking.

"My king," you say with a salute.

T'Challa returns it.

"Chief M'Baku."

You simply bow. M'Baku frowns. You never call him chief.

"N'Jadaka."

Erik grins and pulls you into a hug, kissing your cheek. M'Baku growls and you ignore him, moving away from Erik and going to find a book to read. You settle in one of the comfy windowsills and begin to read, ignoring the world around you.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Erik kisses your hand and M'Baku has had enough. It is day three of you ignoring M'Baku outside of greeting him and day three of Erik giving you touches and kisses of a lover. M'Baku grabs your arm, ripping you away from Erik before dragging you into a nearby office and slams the door close.

"Chief!"

"So, I'm no longer good enough for you?"

"Huh?"

"Don't play dumb Maha. You're flirting with him!"

"And why do you care?" You snapped. "You start showing me all this attention at home and when we get here it's suddenly like I'm a stranger!"

M'Baku blinks.

"I should be asking you if I'm not good enough! I had heard the rumours in the village that I was just another fling for you but I ignored them and allowed myself to be the center if your attention! Kisses, hugs, sleeping together, exchanging furs—all! But the moment I get here you all but shun me!"

M'Baku reaches for you and you slap his hand away.

"Maha I..."

You wipe your face and curse as you smudge the makeup around your eye.

"Just...I'll be out of your hair once we are back in the village. Don't worry about me."

You leave the office and M'Baku blinks.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
"I would like it if Maha stays with us," T'Challa says to the council. They all look at you.

"She has not only impressed Okoye with her fighting skills but she has offered some—"

"Awesome technology ideas!" Shuri says, making the council laugh

"The decision is yours Maha. Would you like to stay?"

You look around the room. Shuri is beaming and Erik has a hopeful look in his eyes. You look at M'Baku and all you receive is a hard look.

"I'll stay."

M'Baku's heart stops.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
To be continued