Teorus, The Greedy Prince: Story 3

Start from the beginning

I blink repeatedly in surprise as I've never see Emily so caught off guard by a guy.

Emily rests a hand on my shoulder and whispers. "Your boyfriend is so handsome. I'm super jealous."

I'm ready to rip out my hair as I grumble. "I'm telling you he's not my boyfriend...far from it."

"Then why are you blushing?" She laughs.

"Wha—?!"

"So how long have you two been together? Emily asks.

"D-don't you have a job to do, Emily?" I ask her.

I'm ignored as Teorus answers. "Hmm...how long? Well I guess since before Abbey was born.

Oh for the love of god... I face palm.

Teorus continues while flashing me and Emily a bazillion-watt smile. "The stars aligned tens of thousands of years ago to decide we would meet."

Emily gasps in amazement and her expression is frozen as if she couldn't believe her ears. "Oh my god. That's so romantic! I wish someone would say that kind of stuff about me too!"

I stand there feeling completely embarrassed wanting nothing than to drink till I forget this all happened.

Emily comes beside Teorus, patting him on the arm. "You seem like a great guy, Teorus. Abbey here has never had a relationship before, so she might be a bit timid and rough around the edges but by the looks of it, you could change all that."

"Please stop..." I sigh. "We're not together. Now go wait some tables!"

"Sure, sure...you can quit trying to pretend you're not blushing right now." Emily turns her attention back to Teorus. "So what do you do for a living, Teorus?"

"I'm a god." Teorus says, nonchalantly.

"What?" Emily looking confused.

"Whoa! Hey!" I jump in front of Teorus as if to shield him, waving my hands in a panic at Emily. "Teorus...is...what he meant was that...he is...an actor?"

Emily thinks about it for a moment then claps her hands with excitement. "Oh I should have known! He would have to be with those good looks."

"Y-yeah...so I've heard..." I tiresomely chuckle. "A-and so he's playing the role of a god!"

"Well, I know I would love to have your autograph sometime, Teorus." Emily says.

"Of course!" Teorus smiles again.

"Well, would you look at the time we've started our shift ten minutes ago and we haven't started working! We're never going to hear the end of it if Jack catches us, now let's get to work!" I say while pushing Emily towards the kitchen.

"Okay, okay!" Emily finally agrees.

"Uh, Teorus, I have to work now...so you should probably go."

He begins to sulk, looking at me with sad eyes. "We're going to be separated again?"

Urgh...not that face again. No! I can't keep letting him get his way every time he tries to sway me with his good looks!

I ignore Teorus and get straight to work.

Later That Day...

"Abbey, sweetie!" Hannah calls me from the kitchen.

"Yes, Hannah?" I reply.

"Why don't you go for your break now?" She smiles sweetly.