Chapter 31: Graduation

Once I put on a movie, I find everyone snuggled up to one another. I was the only one standing, and I didn't know where to sit. The only spots that were left were one next to Scott and one next to Tanner. Fuck.

"Paisley," I saved you a seat, Tanner tells me as he begins to pat down on my couch. I smile over and took my seat next to him. It took everything in me to not dare and look over at Scott's reaction. I felt Tanner put his arm around me and I look over at him to find him smiling ear to ear.

"Tanner, don't," I whispered.

"I'm not doing anything," he whispered back.

As much as I tried to concentrate on the movie, my stomach began to grumble which brought attention to Tanner.

"Come on, let's get some food," Tanner says as he stood up and lend me his hand to take. I take it and he helped me up. He brought me to him and we were chest to chest.

"Oh, um," I stammered. "I-I—''

"Where are you two going?" I heard Scott blurt out. I turned my focus over to him to find him making his way to Tanner and me.

"What's it to you, Mars?'' Tanner played around.

"Fuck off, Tanner," Scott says pushing Tanner away from me.

"Oh, like you did with Abby while you were dating Paisley?"

"Oh shit," Josh let out and I felt my cheeks redden. Even though everyone knew what happened, it was still embarrassing.

"It was a mistake!" Scott bellowed out.

"It doesn't matter!" I shout out. "Are we going or not?'' I remind Tanner.

"Of course, my lady," Tanner smiled over at me. I rolled my eyes and was heading to the door.

"I'm coming too," Scott says out and hurried toward the door. I look over at Tanner to find him annoyed. I agreed and told everyone that we would be right back with food and snacks.

*

Scott:

"Thank you", Paisley smiled as they handed her groceries.

"Here let me," I say as I took them from her grasp. Our fingers touch and that was enough to feel the small sparks.

"Thanks", she tells me before putting her distance between us. "I'm pretty sure Tanner has gotten the pizza already," she informed me. "We should go meet up with him."

"Or maybe we can stay back and talk?" I slid in to start a conversation.

"Or not," she shrugged. I followed her as we headed next door to find Tanner sitting on a bench with five boxes of pizzas. Once he saw us he stood up and smiled over at her.

"It took everything in me to not eat a slice," he laughed. She begins to laugh with him and I just rolled my eyes. Why does it feel like I'm the third wheel?

We get back into the car and drove back to Paisley's apartment. The movie was on pause when we got there since they thought it was best to wait. Sasha's friends came and snatched the pizza away from Tanner and the bags from my hands. I look over at Paisley to find her smiling away. She's so beautiful, yet I lost my opportunity.

*

It got late and everyone was leaving, all except Sasha, Daniel, Tanner, and I. I was beginning to get a little irritated with him being here, but I tried to calm myself down.

"You can go, Tanner," Paisley informed him. "I have a clean-up crew that's going to help me," she tells him and he nods his head. I watched as he set his hand on her waist and gave it a small squeeze before he left. I quickly looked away after I caught Paisley looking over at me.

When everything was tidied up, Paisley brought over some blankets and told Daniel and I that it was alright to combine the couches to make a bed. As much as I wanted to apologize for what I did to her, I panicked and stayed silent.

*

Paisley:

Graduation:

"It's time! I say happily to my girls. This is it! We're finally doing it!"

"Alright! Everyone, get into your order!" A volunteered teacher tells us. Everyone hurried into their seats and the ceremony began.

Soon enough, they finally made it to the "T's" and my row stood up to get ready to walk up on the stage. The closer and closer we moved, the more anxious I got. I can't believe this! I'm graduating.

"Paisley Thompson," Mike called out and I walk on the stage and I hear cheers from my friends from the stands. I shook Mike's hand as he handed over my diploma before walking down. It's silly, so much work and effort for a paper with your name on it. Our group made a circle and headed back to our seats.

A few hours later, the ceremony was coming to a closing and Mike was giving out a speech on how proud he was of his students and how he'll be expecting great things from us. When he told us to move our tassel to the other side, I knew it was time.

"To our class of 2018," Mike finished which allowed everyone to throw their caps into the air.

*

We are all outside now, and I couldn't help but grow envious of how most of the students had their parents and loved ones with them to congratulate them; meanwhile, I don't have that. Not anymore. I make my way through the crowd to find my friends, and once I did, man was I glad to see them.

"Congratulations," Sasha smiled happily as she pressed me to her. I looked over next to her to expect Scott, but it was Tanner and Daniel. The both of them congratulate me and I thanked him. I was looking around for the one person I wouldn't expect to look for, Scott.

"He was here," Sasha informed me. "He said he had to be somewhere and left", Sasha shrugged. I nodded my head and sighed. We didn't celebrate since it was so late, and the only thing I wanted to do was sleep. We head back to my apartment to find it filled with flowers.

"Woah," I smiled in complete surprise. "W-who did this?" I laughed.

"Me," I heard him say and I turned to find him holding another batch.

"Scott, this is mesmerizing," I expressed out. "Thank you". I come to him and hugged him tightly. "No one has ever done something this amazing before."

"I wanted to show you how proud I am of you," he whispered in my ear.

I back away and we look into each other's eyes. His blue eyes as always are a beautiful sight. More beautiful than the flowers if I'm being honest. The next thing I knew was that we began to lean in and kissed him. This was a great night. This kiss is the only gift that I would have wanted as a graduation present, but I knew better. I backed away again and looked away. Sasha was gone, she probably went back to my room.

"Scott we can't be together," I let out and he raised his eyebrow at me.

"Why not? Obviously, we still carry the same feelings from before," he reminds me.

"Because, Scott, we'll be going to a University and you'll find an interest in other girls, and I'm not going to be the one to keep you from experiencing new feelings." He stayed silent. "Please, let's enter Baylor as friends," I gave out my hand and he stared at it before taking and shaking it. "Thank you." He nodded his head and took a seat on the couch. I walked into my room to find a pleased Sasha and I began to tell her that nothing is going to happen.

*

2 month later:

We all went our separate ways. Well, not all of us. I was a little saddened that I had to leave my apartment for good to live in the dorms. I have come to find that my roommate's name is Maddie. So far, there has been no communication between the boys, and in a way I'm glad. The less I think about them, the more I am able to concentrate on my studies.

"Here I go," I sigh out as I step into my dorm room to find my roommate decorating away.

"Hi!" She smiled cheerfully.

Its official, I'm starting over to begin my University experience.

*

The End

Book 3 will be called: My University Life