Chapter 26: Back Home

1 month later:

It has been exactly a month since we've returned to Florida. Which also means that it has been a month of Scott and I being together. Just how Scott wanted, he actually showed me off to his friends back at school. He was too excited to be in a relationship with me.

So, when the school day was over, I was up in my room when I hear a knock on my door.

"It's open," I let out as I relaxed in my bed.

I waited for the door to open up, but no one entered. Instead, a piece of paper is shoved through and I sigh out before getting up and picking it up. It was a message from Scott telling me to meet him in the backyard. Why couldn't he just come in and tell me himself? I shake my head happily as I head downstairs and out to the backyard to find him swinging on a new pair of swing sets.

"Why do you have swings now?" I question out as I take a seat on the free seat next to his. "Aren't you and Sasha too old for these?" I joke around.

"Hey, you're never too told to swing on one of these bad boys," he responded to me before giving out a chuckle. "My parents are preparing themselves already for the baby."

"Miranda is pregnant?" I asked cluelessly. "I had no idea! Congratulation, Scott," I say jumping off my swing and hugging him over at his.

"Thank you, but I didn't call you over here to tell you that particular news, I actually wanted to talk about us," he tells me as his hands go down to my waist. "I wanted to tell you that I have something planned for us tomorrow since it'll be our one month," he smiled proudly. I nod my head. "I don't want you to plan anything with anyone."

"Who would I go out with? I haven't really made any friends except for Sasha's," I pointed out.

"Dooley noted," he smiled. "I have been planning it for a while now, and I really want it to go perfectly."

"Scott!" Sasha screamed out by the door. "Come on! We have things to do," she shouted out.

"I'm guessing she's helping you?" I laugh out.

"She insisted," he laughed with me. He stood up and I find his eyes fall to my lips. I watched as he began to lean in.

"No!" Sasha screamed out. "You will have all day tomorrow to kiss her, now is not the day," Sasha says out making Scott sigh out and walk towards his sister.

"We'll finish this later," Scott proclaimed as he entered the house and closed the door behind him.

I couldn't help but smile as I took my seat back on the swing. He is trying so hard to make this first month together to be special. He is too adorable. I truly do care about him, but something in me was telling me to be careful. He wouldn't hurt me, would he? Not on purpose anyway, right?

"Are you doing okay, sweetie?" I hear Miranda ask me as she walked through the back gate carrying groceries.

"Yeah," I responded. "Just thinking about life. Oh, and congratulations on the pregnancy," I added.

"Thank you," she smiled at me. She came to the free swing and sat in it after setting the groceries down onto the grass. "What are you thinking about? My son?"

"What?" I questioned her. How would she know? She doesn't even know about the two of us, yet.

"I know," she smiled at me. "I know you and Scott are dating, and I'm glad," she admitted and I felt a weight being lifted that I didn't even know I had. "If you're wondering how I know, it's because of Sasha," she laughed. "She doesn't know how to keep her voice down when she's talking to Scott."