Chapter 8: The Man

Chapter 8: The Man

Once we arrived at the restaurant that Amy chose, we were taken to our sitting area. Amy and Josh were already there.

"Hey," I say as I got close.

"You're here!" She says excitedly.

"Where is Samantha?" I questioned her.

"She's on her way," she answered me quickly. "You look nice," she says as she looks me over. I wasn't wearing anything special. It was just a normal white dress with some flats.

"Thanks, Amy," I laughed.

I took my seat next to Tanner and we waited. Tanner started talking to Josh and Amy over some ridiculous videos he watched on YouTube. I kept my focus on the doorway as I waited for Samantha to come in at any moment now. On cue, I see her in a nice blue dress and right behind her, Sam followed. I smiled as I noticed he had his arm around her waist. Are the two of them an item? Samantha looks around and notices me. She waves over to me and I waved back.

"They are too cute," Amy commented out.

"This place is fancy", Samantha let out as she took a seat next to me.

"It really is, but it's the best Italian restaurant here in Texas," Amy assured us. "Now, time to look over the menu," she tells must as she opened it. I opened mine and reviewed the pricing. Holy cow! This is expensive.

"Pick whatever you like, I'm paying our dishes," Tanner whispered over in my ear making my body shiver. I just nod my head and look for the cheapest item, spaghetti. My favorite.

We placed our orders in, and as we waited we were all just having small talk. For instance, Josh was explaining how he apologized to Sam over the whole rumor situation, and how Amy apologized Samantha for how she was treating her. The only two people who haven't apologized to one another was Tanner and I. There is no way in hell that it'll be happening anytime soon. Around, fifteen minutes of waiting for our food, they finally came rolling in. Once the waiter placed my spaghetti in front of me, I felt like I was betraying my mom. I watch as everyone started devouring their plate; meanwhile, I was just moving it around with my fork.

"Did you not like it?" Samantha asked me. I turn to look at her and just shrugged.

"I know it's not as good as your mom's, but it still has a good flavor," Amy commented. I smiled, my mom did make the best spaghetti.

I look down at the plate and I felt my eyes begin to water up. "No! Don't you dare! You are strong!" I tell myself.

"How is your mom? Last time I saw her was when we hung out during the summer," Amy reminds me. I stay quiet. "Are you grounded or something?"

Damn, that word, 'grounded' makes me think of the cemetery. Is she there already? Have they buried her yet? Different thoughts came rolling in my mind. Thoughts that I haven't even thought to think about until now. How did she die? Where did she die? What time did she die? Was it painful? Was it quick? Where is her body? Who has it? I didn't know I was crying until I felt a teardrop fall on my hand. I wipe away my tears.

"Paisley?" Samantha says out softly. I shake my head for some odd reason and I stood up to leave. I rushed to the front door and looked around for a taxi. There was one parked. I hurried to it and took my seat in the back.

"Where to miss?" The driver asked me. I gave him the directions and I sat back in the seat and cried silently. I was so deep in my sorrow that I had no idea we arrived until he kept calling me miss.

"Thank you,"!" I tell him as I gave him his money and I got out.

He zoomed off and I froze as I looked at my house. I walk forward and ruffle around in my purse to look for my house keys. I opened the door and closed it behind me.

My High School Life pt.2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें