Chapter 11: Back Here Again

Paisley:

I stretch out in bed just after closing my books and piling my notes on them. I get out of bed and opened my door. Something wasn't right. The house is too quiet. I would normally hear Tanner walking around, but I haven't heard it in a while. I finally stepped out and knocked on his bedroom door. The door opened up, he wasn't in there that's for sure. I then remembered that he said that if he wasn't in his room then he would be downstairs. I head down and search for him. Where is he? He told me weren't allowed to leave. I roll my eyes.

"Of course, nothing new," I say out loud since I knew no one was home.

I was midway from the top of the stairs when I see the front door open. I crossed my arms and waited for him to see me. My heart dropped. That's not Tanner. The intruder and I caught each other's eyes and he smiled as he took a step in, I made a run for it in my room. I made sure to lock it and I backed away. I begin tapping my back pockets of my shorts. Where the hell did I leave it! I move around my belongings that were on my bed. I lifted my textbooks and found it. As I was about to put my password, my bedroom door opened wide. How in the hell did he open it? I look at the doorknob to find a pair of keys. I look back at him. His dark grey eyes were looking back at me. He had a sly smile plastered on his face. A scrappy-looking beard that was just beginning to grow back. He rushed towards me and I made a run for it. I jumped over my bed to the other side. He threw my textbooks and notes on the floor making them scatter everywhere. I look over at the door, I think I'll be fast enough to escape. I take a glance back at him to find him staring at the door too. Who is he waiting for? I take the chance and made a run for it, but I wasn't as fast as I thought I was. I felt his hand on my arm. He quickly pulled me to him and rose his other hand. With that, I knew it wasn't going to end well.

*

I wake up in a dark room. I sit up and felt a sting on my right cheek. I placed my hand on it and I swore I could feel the heat. He must have hit me strong enough to make me pass out for a while. I knew I've been asleep for a while because of how dark it was now. What time do I think it is? Six thirty? Maybe. I squint my eyes as I look around the room. Something doesn't feel right. I know this room. I look up at the corner of the ceiling and found the red light of the camera recording me, just like before.

No! How could I be back here! Again! I stand up quickly and rushed to the door to find it closed this time. I groan out and look over at the barred up window. Damn it! I run my hands through my hair and just waited. I tell myself that this is probably all just a dream! It has to be! How in the hell can I be back in this room? The same room Ricky took me to when he kidnapped me?! Ricky apologized and said he'd keep his distance from Tanner and me, so there is no way that it could be real then.

"Okay", I tell myself. "Just take in some deep breathe and tell yourself to wake up. There is no time for this! Come on, Paisley!" I yell out. I hear a creak from the door and I look over at it. My heart dropped again and I felt a tear fall. "You? How could you! You promised!" I shouted at him.

"Calm down! This wasn't my doing!" He shouted back.

"Is she awake?" Someone shouted down the hall. "Ricky!"

"Yes, sir," he answered out respectfully. Ricky looks me over and reaches out for my cheek, but I backed away. "Look, if you don't fight with him then everything will go fine."

"Who is that? Who's asking?" I questioned him.

"Don't talk to her," I hear out and I see the devilish man himself. The grey eyes are burning into mine again and I look away.

"Uncle Jesse," Ricky said out in a scared voice. "What are you planning to do to her?" I turn to look at Ricky. Did he just say, uncle?! These two psychopaths are related?